Grind | 2003 | PG-13 | - 4.3.5
A young man is determined to join the skateboard circuit, and he convinces his friends to join him in a cross-country trip from Illinois to California, hoping they'll eventually become skateboarding stars and land a major sponsor. With Adam Brody, Joey Kern, Jason London, Jennifer Morrison and Bam Margera. Directed by Casey La Scala. [1:36]
- A van moves rhythmically while a young man and a woman presumably have sex inside. A man and a woman kiss and he grabs her buttocks (she is in a short robe that reveals cleavage and bare legs). A young man and a woman kiss and we see them lying in a bed together later (both are clothed). A young man asks young women if they "wanna make out" in many scenes. Men and women kiss in a few scenes, a young man and a young woman kiss in several scenes, and a young man and a young woman kiss and hug. A man smacks the buttocks of two women as he passes by. A young man kisses another young man on the cheek. Men and women dance in a night club; several women are shown dancing suggestively on pedestals and wearing skimpy outfits that reveal bare legs, buttocks, cleavage and bare abdomens. A young man in a car flashes other young men and we see his bare buttocks. Four young men urinate on the side of a road (we see their bare buttocks and their pants around their ankles). A young man touches his crotch when he sees a woman and a young man in his boxer shorts scratches his buttocks and crotch. Young women wear skimpy outfits throughout the movie: Many are shown in bikini tops revealing cleavage, many wear low-cut pants that reveal bare abdomens and backs to the hip, and many wear short skirts that reveal bare legs. A man's pants hang low in the back revealing buttock cleavage. Young men are shown bare-chested in several scenes. A young man makes a sexual gesture with a broomstick. Three young men sleep in a hotel room and a man comes out from under the bed asking for his underwear back. A young man jumps around and pulls at his pants (a lizard had crawled in his pants). A young man asks a man, "How's it hanging" and the man answers descriptively, a young man asks three women to "release the twins" (take off their tops), three young men talk about their sex lives in several scenes, a man in a clown suit says "nice balloons" to two women walking by, a young man talks about someone being his "sex slave," and a young man carries a sex dummy on his backpack through a portion of the movie.
- There are many skateboarding scenes with people doing stunts, flips, jumps, etc., and the closing credits reel shows people falling while boarding. A young man shoves a man into a table and onto the ground. A man drives a 4-wheeled vehicle recklessly, nearly hitting a group of people and eventually turning it over. Young men throw firecrackers back and forth into each other's cars causing a lot of smoke and making it difficult to drive. A young man skateboards while holding on to the back of a 4-wheeled vehicle, lets go and jumps and when he lands he runs into a port-o-let. A port-o-let door is opened and it is smeared with feces. Three young men are physically removed from a bar by two bouncers. Young men punch each other in the arm in several scenes and react in pain, and young men wrestle in several scenes. A young man cuts the cast off his arm, another young man pulls on his arm, we hear a crack and the young man yells. Young men argue in a few scenes, and a young man and a young woman argue. A young man skateboards off a roof and into a swimming pool. A man talks about someone having abused a men's room. A man has a large scar on his face and young men react to it by flinching. A boy vomits on a young man (we see goo spray and hear him gagging). Young men react to an odor after another young man uses the bathroom. Four young men urinate on the side of a road and one sprays another young man's pants when he turns around. People flatulate (others react to the odor) and talk about flatulating in a few scenes. A few scatological jokes, including a man dashing to a port-o-let calling out "code brown."
- 3 F-words, 3 obscene hand gestures, 8 sexual references, 16 scatological terms, 16 anatomical terms, 24 mild obscenities, 2 religious profanities, 5 religious exclamations.
- People are shown drinking alcohol.
- Skateboarding, sport injuries, adventures, friendship, dreams, bitterness, abandonment, competition, responsibility.
- Some things in life are not easy, but the important thing is to try.
Be aware that while we do our best to avoid spoilers it is impossible to disguise all details and some may reveal crucial plot elements.
We've gone through several editorial changes since we started covering films in 1992 and older reviews are not as complete & accurate as recent ones; we plan to revisit and correct older reviews as resources and time permits.
Our ratings and reviews are based on the theatrically-released versions of films; on video there are often Unrated, Special, Director's Cut or Extended versions, (usually accurately labelled but sometimes mislabeled) released that contain additional content, which we did not review.
We are a totally independent website with no connections to political, religious or other groups & we neither solicit nor choose advertisers. You can help us keep our independence with a donation.
NO MORE ADS!
Become a member of our premium site for just $1/month & access advance reviews, without any ads, not a single one, ever. And you will be helping support our website & our efforts.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
We welcome suggestions & criticisms -- and we accept compliments too. While we read all emails & try to reply we don't always manage to do so; be assured that we will not share your e-mail address.
NO MORE ADS!
Become a member of our premium site for just $2/month & access advance reviews, without any ads, not a single one, ever. And you will be helping support our website & our efforts.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
We welcome suggestions & criticisms -- and we will accept compliments too. While we read all emails & try to reply we do not always manage to do so; be assured that we will not share your e-mail address.