View From the Top | 2003 | PG-13 | - 4.3.3
Gwyneth Paltrow stars as a young woman from a small town who dreams of becoming a flight attendant as a way to travel all over the world. But her plans run into turbulence when she ends up serving on a commuter airline. When she finds true love she must choose between pursuing her dream or her heart. Also with Christina Applegate, Candice Bergen, Marc Blucas, Rob Lowe, Kelly Preston and Mike Myers. [1:25]
- A man and a woman kiss passionately in several scenes -- one time they fall back onto a couch together. Also, a young man and a young woman kiss passionately, and man and a woman nearly kiss. Two women flirt with a man -- one is very conspicuous in her gestures and body language. A man makes a sexual remark to another man, a man admires another man and makes a remark about his anatomy. A man and a woman sleep in bed together (we see part of his bare chest). A man applies suntan lotion to a woman's back and shoulders. We see part of a woman's bare buttock and her panties when she bends over in a short skirt, and a woman is wrapped in a towel after a shower. Three women sunbathe in swimsuits: one woman grabs her top when the clasp breaks. Women wear short skirts and tight, low-cut tops throughout the movie that reveal varying degrees of cleavage, bare abdomens and bare thighs. An allusion is made to someone being gay.
- Two women fight: one shoves the other several times, she crashes into a wall, a food cart, and the floor; one woman tries to punch the other, kicks her in the shin, gets on top of her when she falls face down on the floor, grabs her hair and repeatedly pounds her face into a loaf of bread. A woman hyperventilates and screams when she flies in an airplane for the first time. A man barges into a bathroom pointing a flare gun and the woman inside covers her breasts and screams. A man is hit in the head by a champagne cork. A man and a woman yell at each other, and a man yells at a woman. A pilot jokes about having had near misses and minor crashes. A reference is made to circumcision.
- 1 obscene hand gesture, 3 sexual references, 7 scatological terms, 4 anatomical terms, 6 mild obscenities, 19 religious exclamations.
- People are shown drinking alcohol and smoking cigarettes.
- Dreams, world travel, provincialism, family, love, friendship, jealousy, greed, sacrifice, disappointment, kleptomania, procedures, betrayal, mentors, making mistakes.
- Following your dream may not really be what it takes to make you happy. The greatest asset people have is having people who believe in them.
Be aware that while we do our best to avoid spoilers it is impossible to disguise all details and some may reveal crucial plot elements.
We've gone through several editorial changes since we started covering films in 1992 and older reviews are not as complete & accurate as recent ones; we plan to revisit and correct older reviews as resources and time permits.
Our ratings and reviews are based on the theatrically-released versions of films; on video there are often Unrated, Special, Director's Cut or Extended versions, (usually accurately labelled but sometimes mislabeled) released that contain additional content, which we did not review.
We are a totally independent website with no connections to political, religious or other groups & we neither solicit nor choose advertisers. You can help us keep our independence with a donation.
NO MORE ADS!
Become a member of our premium site for just $1/month & access advance reviews, without any ads, not a single one, ever. And you will be helping support our website & our efforts.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
We welcome suggestions & criticisms -- and we accept compliments too. While we read all emails & try to reply we don't always manage to do so; be assured that we will not share your e-mail address.
NO MORE ADS!
Become a member of our premium site for just $2/month & access advance reviews, without any ads, not a single one, ever. And you will be helping support our website & our efforts.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
We welcome suggestions & criticisms -- and we will accept compliments too. While we read all emails & try to reply we do not always manage to do so; be assured that we will not share your e-mail address.