To All the Boys: Always and Forever | 2021 | TV-14 | – 4.1.2
Spurred by a Far East trip and a visit to a New York university, a teen girl (Lana Condor) imagines different scenarios of what life will be like with her family, friends, and boyfriends (Noah Centineo and Jordan Fisher) after high school graduation. Also with Anna Cathcart, Janel Parrish, Ross Butler, Madeleine Arthur. Emilija Baranac, Trezzo Mahoro, Holland Taylor, Saraya Blue, Julie Tao and John Corbett. Directed by Michael Fimognari. [Running Time: 1:49]
To All the Boys: Always and Forever SEX/NUDITY 4
– A teen boy and a teen girl walk into her bedroom at night where we see their bare shoulders and heads as he is lying on top of her (sex is implied); the scene cuts to the couple’s bare shoulders as they are under covers, side by side, and fall asleep. A teen girl lies on top of a teen boy on a bed, they kiss, and she reaches into his trousers waistband three times and he says, “No,” three times; he adds, “It doesn’t feel right,” and he leaves.
► A teen girl lies on top of a teen boy, clothed and asleep, on a couch and when they awaken, he leaves. Several scenes include a teen couple kissing briefly and saying, “I love you.” A few scenes show a teen couple kissing for several seconds, and a few more scenes show each kissing the other on the forehead and embracing.
► A teen boy jokes to two classmates, “I mastered the French [kissing].” A teen boy says to a teen girl, “You jumped my bones.” A teen girl says to another teen girl, “There’s something about losing your virginity at the prom.” We hear that a man left his wife and son to marry another woman.
► At a dance, a teen girl wearing a long gown writhes to music. Two teen boys wearing suits briefly dance together in an embrace.
► A brief flashback to a soapy hot tub features a shirtless teen boy and a teen girl wearing a swimsuit that reveals cleavage (both are seen from the waist up). In several scenes, a few teen girls wear miniskirts. A teen girl wears a blouse tied at the waist, revealing her bare abdomen. Three teen girls wear short-shorts that bare full legs to the upper thighs. At two gatherings, a few teen girls and women wear long gowns with thin straps that reveal cleavage, bare shoulders and arms, and one teen girl’s bare back.
To All the Boys: Always and Forever VIOLENCE/GORE 1
– A teen girl falls out of a chair over a dog, but no one is hurt. A teen girl argues with a preteen girl and chases her with a raised rolling pin, but no one is harmed. Six girls steal a couch and leave it in a subway car.
► A woman jokingly says to a teen girl, “I will cut you.” Different pairs of teen girls argue briefly in half a dozen scenes. A teen girl argues with her sisters. A teen couple argues briefly in a few scenes and in another scene, the young man breaks up with the young woman and leaves; she sobs. A teen boy and a man argue briefly, but reconcile. We hear that a teen girl’s mother died several years ago.
To All the Boys: Always and Forever LANGUAGE 2
– 3 scatological terms, 1 mild obscenity, name-calling (dumb, fancy, liar), exclamations (screwed up, dang, sucks, wow, oh my goodness, oh my gosh, oh man, hey, ooh), 18 religious exclamations (e.g. Oh My God, Thank God, Oh God, My God, Jesus, God Help ‘Em). | profanity glossary |
To All the Boys: Always and Forever SUBSTANCE USE
– Men and women and teenagers hold glasses of drinks that may or may not be alcohol at a couple of gatherings and a teen girl sips from her glass in the first scene, and a teen boy in a hotel bar tells other teens that their trip chaperones will be in the bar getting wasted (we do not see this).
To All the Boys: Always and Forever DISCUSSION TOPICS
– High school seniors, choosing colleges, gap year choices, planning one’s future, relationships, long-distance relationships, women being more than just an extension of a man, love, marriage, blended families, mean girls, social-media, loss, fear, grief, honesty, conflict, forgiveness, reconciliation, baking as a hobby, consumerism in New York.
To All the Boys: Always and Forever MESSAGE
– High school senior girls should decide their future for themselves and not subjugate themselves to boyfriends.
Be aware that while we do our best to avoid spoilers it is impossible to disguise all details and some may reveal crucial plot elements.
We've gone through several editorial changes since we started covering films in 1992 and older reviews are not as complete & accurate as recent ones; we plan to revisit and correct older reviews as resources and time permits.
Our ratings and reviews are based on the theatrically-released versions of films; on video there are often Unrated, Special, Director's Cut or Extended versions, (usually accurately labelled but sometimes mislabeled) released that contain additional content, which we did not review.
We are a totally independent website with no connections to political, religious or other groups & we neither solicit nor choose advertisers. You can help us keep our independence with a donation.
NO MORE ADS!
Become a member of our premium site for just $2/month & access advance reviews, without any ads, not a single one, ever. And you will be helping support our website & our efforts.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
We welcome suggestions & criticisms -- and we accept compliments too. While we read all emails & try to reply we don't always manage to do so; be assured that we will not share your e-mail address.
NO MORE ADS!
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
We welcome suggestions & criticisms -- and we will accept compliments too. While we read all emails & try to reply we do not always manage to do so; be assured that we will not share your e-mail address.