The Wolf of Wall Street | 2013 | R | - 10.4.10
Based on the true story of a man's (Leonardo DiCaprio) rise as a Wall Street stock broker and his ultimate crash when consumed by greed and corruption. Also with Jonah Hill, Margot Robbie, Matthew McConaughey, Kyle Chandler, Rob Reiner, Jon Bernthal, Jon Favreau, Joanna Lumley, Cristin Milioti and Christine Ebersole. Directed by Martin Scorsese. [3:00]
- A man masturbates while looking at a woman in the middle of a crowded party (we see his erect penis) and his wife hits him and pushes him to the floor.
► A married man takes a woman to her apartment; she opens her bedroom doors and stands before him fully nude (her bare breasts, abdomen, genital area and legs are visible); they have sex and he hear grunting and see their lower legs and feet as he climaxes. A man and a woman have sex and we see him thrusting on top of her (her bare breasts, genital area and buttocks are visible while his bare buttocks, back and legs are visible). A man thrusts into a woman while in a restroom (we see her bare buttocks). We see many men having sex in various positions and various states of undress (bare chests, abdomens, bare buttocks and legs are seen).
► A man thrusts into a woman while other people watch at an office party (we see her bare breasts and she is described as a prostitute). A woman thrusts on top of a man and her bare breasts are visible. A man and a woman have sex and we see thrusting (his bare back and buttocks are shown and her bare legs and shoulders are seen). A man thrusts on top of a woman (we see her bare thigh and his bare buttock and back) and she says, "I hate you, get off me" but she allows him to continue and climax and then asks for a divorce. A man is shown thrusting into a woman from behind while she performs oral sex on another man (we see her bare breasts and side of her buttock. A man thrusts on a woman while kissing another woman. Three fully nude women (bare breasts, abdomens, buttocks, genital areas are shown) kiss and caress a man lying on a table while a crowd watching chants.
► A man is shown nude and lying on his stomach on a table while a woman straddles his bare buttocks and places a burning a candle in his anus; the woman then drips hot wax on his back and he yells. A woman performs oral sex on a man in a glass elevator and other people watch and cheer from outside (no nudity is shown but we see the woman's head bobbing rhythmically).
► A woman is shown on her hands and knees with a man kneeling behind her; the man blows cocaine into her anus and smacks her bare buttocks (we see the man's bare chest and the woman's bare back and buttocks and sex is implied). A woman performs oral sex on a man while he is driving a car (we see her head bobbing up and down in his lap). Men and women in various states of undress are shown kissing and fondling during an office party (the bare breasts and buttocks of the women are seen and the men reveal bare chests and abdomens), and a man offers two women wearing bikinis (cleavage, bare abdomens and legs are seen) to two other men (they turn down the offer). A bare-chested man lies in a bed smoking and a fully nude woman gets in bed with him (bare buttocks, breasts and genital area are seen). A wife tells her husband that she is tired of wearing panties and spreads her legs to reveal her genital area to him and he reaches for her, but she says no and she stimulates herself to punish him for his infidelity. Men and women wearing underwear (the bare chests, abdomens and legs of the men are seen and the cleavage, bare abdomens, legs and buttocks of the women are seen) march through an office party playing musical instruments and followed by strippers (their bare breasts, buttocks, abdomens and legs are seen).
► A man wonders if an older woman is hitting on him; the woman wonders if the younger man is trying to hit on her and when he leans over to kiss her, she pulls away and reminds him of his wife. We see women dancing in a strip club (their bare buttocks, abdomens and thong covered crotches are shown) and one woman is shown caressing a man's clothed chest while kissing him on the cheek and neck. A man gabs a woman's clothed breasts in a couple of scenes (different women). A man tells another man that he wants to perform oral sex on him during a business presentation (he does not do so).
► Two men watch a CCTV video of a wife showing her genital area to her husband (we see her bare legs to the hip and her hand covers her genital area). A man comes out of a stall and we see him tucking in his shirt (no nudity is visible). A man is shown shirtless and we see his bare chest and abdomen. Women and men wear swimsuits at a pool party (cleavage, bare abdomens, backs and legs are seen). A woman's short skirt rises up and reveals her stocking tops and bare thighs (a man is aroused by the sight). Women wear low-cut dresses that reveal cleavage in several scenes. A man is shown bare-chested while sleeping.
► A man making a sale on the telephone gestures that he is penetrating the man on the phone when his closes the deal. A man tells another man that he will perform oral sex on him "for free." A man talks about having sex with prostitutes. A man talks to another man about doing cocaine and having sex with prostitutes. A man talks about how often he masturbates to remain relaxed. A man talks about "Hustler" magazine as a "nudie magazine." A man says of a woman, "She was hot." A man talks about marrying his first cousin so that no one else would have sex with her. A man teases a teen boy about whether or not he has sex and the boy is embarrassed and leaves. A man says that "all nuns are lesbians." A man talks about a woman getting "breast implants." A woman refers to a "testosterone free zone." A man talks to his father about sex and how things have changed since his father's day; he describes that women are all shaved now (referring to their pubic hair). A man makes a remark about the size of a woman's breasts. A man makes a crude sexual remark to an FBI agent about licking caviar off a part of his anatomy. A man admits being a sex addict. A man asks another man, "Are you trying to kiss me?" A man proposes marriage to a woman and she accepts.
► A man caresses another man's head in order to calm him down.
the review continues below...
- A man punches another man in the face three times and we see blood spray from his nose; two men hold him over a balcony and threaten to drop him. A man argues with another man and one man punches the other. A man tackles another man to the ground. A wife yells at and hits her husband after catching him with another woman. A wife throws water in her husband's face several times and they yell at each other. A man grabs another man's hair piece and he complains, and two intoxicated men fight and they struggle over a telephone; they fall on the floor and end up wrapped in the cord. We hear that a man was depressed and killed himself and we see him lying in a bathtub filled with bloody water and there is blood on his arm and the floor around the tub. A man chokes on food and falls to the floor breaking a glass top table on the way down; another man pushes on the first man's chest and he spits out the food onto the other man's face.
► A husband and his wife argue bitterly, she hits him in the face and he hits her back; he then punches her in the stomach and leaves her lying on the floor while he goes to take his young daughter out of her bed; he puts the child in a car and drives in reverse slamming into a brick pillar (the child is not injured and the man has a bloody cut on his forehead).
► We hear that a seagull few into the engine of a plane and we see it explode mid-air. We see a yacht sailing in heavy seas; a helicopter on the top of the yacht slides off and into the waves, waves crash through the windows and two men and two women are rescued.
► A man tears up a sofa cushion and pulls out bags of cocaine that he snorts. A man drives under the influence and he swerves on the road (we see his car later and it is a crumpled mess). A very intoxicated man flies a helicopter and nearly crashes it in his back yard. After smoking crack a man grabs another man and tells him, "Let's run." A very intoxicated man falls into a swimming pool, fully clothed. Two men take a bunch of pills thinking that they might have lost their potency and we see them very intoxicated (one man appears unable to walk and drags himself down the stairs). Police officers hold guns on a man and arrest him for driving under the influence.
► Many men and women yell over the telephone in many scenes while selling stocks. A man yells at an employee. A man talks about eviscerating enemies. Two men pound on their chests and hum a chant a few times in a restaurant. A woman yells at men hounding another man and wanting to work for him. A man yells at other men in a few scenes. An FBI agent tells a man that he will seize his boat. A man says, "I wanna kill myself." We hear that a woman died of a heart attack. We hear about Black Monday and the Stock Market Crash. A man talks about marrying his first cousin and another man asks if he is concerned about having children with mental retardation issues. A man makes a joke about what he would do if he had a mentally handicapped child and that he would take the child to the country and "Let it free." A man refers to an "Act of debauchery."
► An FBI agent takes target practice. We see a man having a wire attached to his chest (part of his bare chest is seen). We see a small person dressed in a Velcro covered suit being thrown by men and sticking to a target while many other people cheer. A man is shown being arrested along with several other men and we see him wearing an ankle bracelet locator.
► A man sticks his fingers down his throat and vomits (we hear gagging) and then does an enema (we do not see vomit). A man shaves a woman's head while seated in front of a room full of colleagues at a party. A man eats another man's live gold fish and fires him. A man urinates in a trash can (we see the urine stream) and kicks it onto the floor (people react as if they have been splashed). A man flicks a lit cigarette in another man's face.
the review continues below...
- Over 414 F-words and its derivatives, 11 obscene hand gesture, 20 sexual references, 2 sexual gestures, 82 scatological terms, 53 anatomical terms, 13 mild obscenities, 5 derogatory terms for gay people, 2 derogatory terms for African-Americans, name-calling (midget, lower than pond scum, nitwits, degenerates, fugazee, greed fest, cheap, schmucks, twisted Robin Hood, ugly wife, stupid, pin-head, rat, retards, mutt, knuckle heads, crazy, obscene, depraved, little man, superficial, materialistic, lazy, hookers, "fat girl shoe," sharks, Mad Max, piece of [scatological term deleted] hairpiece, schnooks, irresponsible, old decrepit, idiot, sweetheart), exclamations (heck), 6 religious profanities (GD), 32 religious exclamations (e.g. God, Jesus Christ, For Christ's Sake Christ Sake, Under God's Blue Heaven, Holy [scatological term deleted], Thank God, Oh My God, God Help Me, Oh God, God Bless You).
the review continues below...
- A man snorts cocaine in many scenes throughout the movie, a man snorts cocaine at a restaurant, a man blows cocaine into a woman's anus (please see the Sex/Nudity category for more details), a man tears up a sofa cushion and pulls out bags of cocaine that he snorts, a man snorts cocaine off a woman's cleavage in the back of a limousine, people snort cocaine at a party, two men take a bunch of pills thinking that they might have lost their potency, two men snort cocaine and drink Bloody Marys, a man pours cocaine on his nose and inhales deeply, a man takes a pill, men play a game with Quaaludes and alcohol and they all appear intoxicated, two men smoke crack in the back of a restaurant and they act intoxicated, a man takes Quaaludes, a man is shown selling drugs in several scenes and he is referred to as selling "ludes," a man says that he "loves drugs," a man talks about using all kinds of drugs (Quaaludes, Xanax, pot, cocaine, morphine), a man talks to another man about doing cocaine and having sex with prostitutes, a man talks about mainlining adrenaline, and a man admits being a drug addict. A man orders several Martinis at a restaurant for himself and another man for lunch, two men are shown in a bar where people are seen drinking and one of the men smokes a cigarette, people are shown drinking alcohol at a pool party, people drink alcohol at a reception, a man opens a bottle of champagne, people drink alcohol in a restaurant, a man drinks a beer, and people drink wine on a yacht. A woman smokes a cigarette in an office, a man smokes a cigarette in an office, two men smoke in an office, and a man smokes in bed.
the review continues below...
- Wall Street, investing in the stock market, trust, stability, publicity, gossip, debauchery, integrity, opportunity, influence, Grenada, SEC, contempt, loyalty, laundering money, bribery, greed, betrayal, trend setters, addiction, hope, white collar crime, drug addiction, infidelity, marrying your cousin, IPOs.
- White collar criminals get off easy and they are usually still rich when they go free.
Be aware that while we do our best to avoid spoilers it is impossible to disguise all details and some may reveal crucial plot elements.
We've gone through several editorial changes since we started covering films in 1992 and older reviews are not as complete & accurate as recent ones; we plan to revisit and correct older reviews as resources and time permits.
Our ratings and reviews are based on the theatrically-released versions of films; on video there are often Unrated, Special, Director's Cut or Extended versions, (usually accurately labelled but sometimes mislabeled) released that contain additional content, which we did not review.
We are a totally independent website with no connections to political, religious or other groups & we neither solicit nor choose advertisers. You can help us keep our independence with a donation.
NO MORE ADS!
Become a member of our premium site for just $2/month & access advance reviews, without any ads, not a single one, ever. And you will be helping support our website & our efforts.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
We welcome suggestions & criticisms -- and we accept compliments too. While we read all emails & try to reply we don't always manage to do so; be assured that we will not share your e-mail address.
NO MORE ADS!
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
We welcome suggestions & criticisms -- and we will accept compliments too. While we read all emails & try to reply we do not always manage to do so; be assured that we will not share your e-mail address.