Under Siege | 1992 | R | - 5.8.6
Yet another variation on the "Die Hard" formula, with Steven Seagal as a Navy cook who moonlights as a weapons and martial arts expert. His non-culinary skills come in handy when his ship is hi-jacked by the obligatory terrorists.
- Seagal's companion in this piece is Playboy's Miss July of 1989, Erika Eleniak. We see lots of cleavage and she appears briefly topless. We also see her bare behind, clad only with a G-string. One kiss.
- Thumb in the eye, knife through the brain, and it works it's way down from there to bone-crushing, shooting, and blowing people up. A plane and a helicopter full of SEALS are shot down. A microwave is booby trapped to explode and when it does one guy ends up with shards of glass in his face and neck. Another guy gets stabbed int he neck, another gets choked. A bunch get shot. A helicopter blows up on the deck of the ship and a number of guys are shown flying and on fire. One guy gets shoved into a running saw. Miss July shoots a guy in the back. We see a guy get killed by having his throat ripped out, we hear him gurgling.
- These are sailors; profanity is prevalent. The F-word and its variations, the S-word, the A-word, G.D., are all used often as well as some other nasty banter.
- Terrorism, Playboy playmates.
- Good guys legitimize violence. Don't judge by appearances.
Be aware that while we do our best to avoid spoilers it is impossible to disguise all details and some may reveal crucial plot elements.
We've gone through several editorial changes since we started covering films in 1992 and older reviews are not as complete & accurate as recent ones; we plan to revisit and correct older reviews as resources and time permits.
Our ratings and reviews are based on the theatrically-released versions of films; on video there are often Unrated, Special, Director's Cut or Extended versions, (usually accurately labelled but sometimes mislabeled) released that contain additional content, which we did not review.
We are a totally independent website with no connections to political, religious or other groups & we neither solicit nor choose advertisers. You can help us keep our independence with a donation.
NO MORE ADS!
Become a member of our premium site for just $1/month & access advance reviews, without any ads, not a single one, ever. And you will be helping support our website & our efforts.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
We welcome suggestions & criticisms -- and we accept compliments too. While we read all emails & try to reply we don't always manage to do so; be assured that we will not share your e-mail address.
NO MORE ADS!
Become a member of our premium site for just $2/month & access advance reviews, without any ads, not a single one, ever. And you will be helping support our website & our efforts.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
We welcome suggestions & criticisms -- and we will accept compliments too. While we read all emails & try to reply we do not always manage to do so; be assured that we will not share your e-mail address.