The Real Cancun | 2003 | R | - 7.3.10
In this reality film we follow a group of college-aged men and women as they embark on a spring break in Cancun, Mexico, characterized by perpetual drunkenness and casual sex. Directed by Rick DeOliveira. [1:36]
- We see many young women's bare breasts in many scenes throughout the movie. There are several scenes where young men and young women actually have sex, and most of what we see is rhythmic movement under sheets or a blanket; in one scene we see the man nude (his private parts are obscured) as he gets into bed, and a woman's form as she gets into bed with him, and in another scene we see a woman's bare buttocks as she moves on top of a man. A man rubs a woman's crotch as they lie in bed and he apparently performs oral sex on her (his head moves under the sheets below her waist). A man and a woman go into a shower stall and we hear heavy breathing. Two women kiss in a few of scenes, a man and a woman kiss passionately in many scenes, and a man kisses many women. A woman kisses a man's neck. A man and a woman hug and nuzzle while swimming. Men slurp and lick alcohol off the bare abdomens of women and then bite a lime out of their mouths (which sometimes turns into a kiss); one time a man licks a woman's chest twice. One vacationer invites many different women to kiss and have sex with him throughout the movie. Women are invited onto a stage where they don a small T-shirt, are doused with water and they dance suggestively; a pair of twins does this and they kiss each other, spray themselves with whipped cream they lick off, and another woman joins them and all three of them kiss (most of the contestants end up topless). Men put on bikini trunks, parade on a stage, wiggle their hips and are voted on by a crowd of women (we see several pairs of bare buttocks). Bare buttocks are exposed when men's trunks are pulled down. Women wear small bikinis through most of the movie. Women dance suggestively in nightclubs, at parties and on a stage during a wet T-shirt contest (they thrust their hips, wiggle their buttocks and rub themselves on men's crotches). A man pretends to be having sex with a woman on a chaise lounge (he thrusts his hips and moans). A man rubs his nipples. Men talk about how to talk to women and how to get them interested, and women talk about performing fellatio. A man sticks his head out from a shower and asks women to join him. The lyrics of a song are "take off all your clothes."
- A woman bungy jumps off a tall platform and is stung by a jellyfish when she hits the water. There is some arguing and yelling between a man and a woman in a few scenes. A man kicks a door and punches a closet. Men's trunks are pulled down and they are spanked with paddles. Many people have piercings and tattoos. A man urinates in a cup (we hear the trickle) and pours it on a woman's leg after she is stung by a jellyfish. A man chews tobacco and spits in a bottle.
- 69 F-words and its derivatives (one time an entire crowd yells out the F-word in unison), 19 sexual references, 28 scatological terms, 24 anatomical terms, 9 mild obscenities, 1 derogatory term for African-Americans, 4 religious profanities and 6 religious exclamations.
- People are shown drinking alcohol and smoking cigarettes throughout the film. People also talk about drinking and being drunk. One of the vacationers starts off as a non-drinker but is quickly converted.
- Promiscuity, alcohol consumption, inebriation, one-night stands, casual sex, premarital sex, sexually transmitted diseases, safe sex, peer pressure, relationships, infidelity, long-distance relationships, persistence, heartbreak, jealousy, disappointment.
- America's youth are sorely lacking in self-control. While drunk you may do things you will question and regret later. Sometimes we have to take risks to be happy.
Be aware that while we do our best to avoid spoilers it is impossible to disguise all details and some may reveal crucial plot elements.
We've gone through several editorial changes since we started covering films in 1992 and older reviews are not as complete & accurate as recent ones; we plan to revisit and correct older reviews as resources and time permits.
Our ratings and reviews are based on the theatrically-released versions of films; on video there are often Unrated, Special, Director's Cut or Extended versions, (usually accurately labelled but sometimes mislabeled) released that contain additional content, which we did not review.
We are a totally independent website with no connections to political, religious or other groups & we neither solicit nor choose advertisers. You can help us keep our independence with a donation.
NO MORE ADS!
Become a member of our premium site for just $1/month & access advance reviews, without any ads, not a single one, ever. And you will be helping support our website & our efforts.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
We welcome suggestions & criticisms -- and we accept compliments too. While we read all emails & try to reply we don't always manage to do so; be assured that we will not share your e-mail address.
NO MORE ADS!
Become a member of our premium site for just $2/month & access advance reviews, without any ads, not a single one, ever. And you will be helping support our website & our efforts.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
We welcome suggestions & criticisms -- and we will accept compliments too. While we read all emails & try to reply we do not always manage to do so; be assured that we will not share your e-mail address.