Devil's Advocate | 1997 | R | - 7.6.10
Al Pacino is Satan, and also the attorney who has just recruited Keanu Reeves into his firm.
- Full female frontal nudity: a man begins kissing her breasts and they begin to have sex (but not consummated). An extended sex scene: the man kisses a woman's breasts and there is thrusting and oral sex briefly implied. Women kiss and caress each other through clothing. A man puts his hand in his fly and rubs himself. A man bites and caresses a woman's clothed buttocks while dancing. A woman is seen in a bra and panties. An extended scene with a topless woman making another woman touch her breast. Naked male and female sculptures come to life. Sexual innuendo (including references to child molestation, homosexuality and oral sex). Kissing.
- A man slits the throat of a goat (there's a lot of blood). Containers full of blood and organs and a bloody animal tongue are shown. Monster faces are seen in a few scenes. Photos of murder victims with a lot of blood on and around their heads and bodies -- one picture is of a child. A mass of bloody glob. Men beat up another man with big sticks and the victim has blood on his face and arms. A woman has cuts and bruises all over her body. A man is hit by a car and has a very bloody face. A woman slits her own throat (a lot of blood on her neck, hands, face and clothes). Threatening with guns. A man is shot and a man shoots his brains out with blood spurting out and onto the face of another man. Conflagration and a charred body is seen. Scuffles.
- About 55 F-words, many mild obscenities, many scatological references and some anatomical references.
- God and Satan, attorneys, criminals, marriage.
- You can't mess with a man's free will.
Be aware that while we do our best to avoid spoilers it is impossible to disguise all details and some may reveal crucial plot elements.
We've gone through several editorial changes since we started covering films in 1992 and older reviews are not as complete & accurate as recent ones; we plan to revisit and correct older reviews as resources and time permits.
Our ratings and reviews are based on the theatrically-released versions of films; on video there are often Unrated, Special, Director's Cut or Extended versions, (usually accurately labelled but sometimes mislabeled) released that contain additional content, which we did not review.
We are a totally independent website with no connections to political, religious or other groups & we neither solicit nor choose advertisers. You can help us keep our independence with a donation.
NO MORE ADS!
Become a member of our premium site for just $1/month & access advance reviews, without any ads, not a single one, ever. And you will be helping support our website & our efforts.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
We welcome suggestions & criticisms -- and we accept compliments too. While we read all emails & try to reply we don't always manage to do so; be assured that we will not share your e-mail address.
NO MORE ADS!
Become a member of our premium site for just $2/month & access advance reviews, without any ads, not a single one, ever. And you will be helping support our website & our efforts.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
We welcome suggestions & criticisms -- and we will accept compliments too. While we read all emails & try to reply we do not always manage to do so; be assured that we will not share your e-mail address.