The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn - Part 2 | 2012 | PG-13 | - 6.7.3
The final episode in the "Twilight" series finds the Cullen clan defending their family against the Volturi after it is discovered that Edward and Bella have a child. With Kristen Stewart, Robert Pattinson, Taylor Lautner, Peter Facinelli, Elizabeth Reaser, Ashley Greene, Jackson Rathbone, Kellan Lutz, Nikki Reed and Billy Burke. Directed by Bill Condon. [1:55]
- A husband kisses his wife's neck, she throws him on a bed, straddles him, he pulls her dress open (we see her bare back), they continue to kiss and caress each other and sex is implied (we see their bare shoulders, chests, backs and legs); they lie together afterward and we see his bare chest. A husband kisses his wife's clothed shoulder and begins to unbutton her top while asking if she'd like to take a bath and they kiss.
► A man takes off his shirt (we see his bare chest) in front of another man who becomes uncomfortable; he then takes off his shoes and his pants (we see him wearing boxer briefs) before changing into a wolf (please see the Violence/Gore category for more details). A man is shown wearing a tank top that reveals his bare shoulders and upper chest. A woman wears a short, tight-fitting dress in several scenes. A woman wears low-cut tops that reveal cleavage in several scenes. Three women wear low-cut dresses that reveal cleavage. A woman wears a low-cut dress that reveals cleavage and bare shoulders.
► A husband and his wife kiss and hold hands. Several men and women kiss and hug. There are many quick cuts of flashbacks to romantic moments between a man and a woman throughout their life together. A husband and his wife caress each other's hands and arms, he touches her face, she kisses his hand and they embrace. A husband holds his wife around the waist and she places her hand on his thigh.
► A woman yells at a man and says, "You imprinted on her" referring to a werewolf man and an infant. A husband and his wife enter a room and a man asks, "Done already?" and "Did you break a lot of stuff?" implying rough sex. A husband tells his wife, "You are so beautiful." A male vampire tells a female vampire, "If we live through this, I'll follow you anywhere."
the review continues below...
- An extended battle scene with vampires and wolves shows these scenes: many people are thrown and tackled; a woman kicking a man high into the air (he lands and is unharmed); two men crash into each other in mid-air and when one lands we see that he is holding the severed head of the other man (we see blood and tissue at the neck and the headless body is set on fire); a large number of vampires charge each other and fight with punches and snapping of necks (we hear crunching); one man is overcome with pain and falls to his knees until another man cuts his head off (we se the head separate from the body but no blood is evident) and another man steps on the neck of a man and pulls his body separating his head from his body and throws the body through the air; a wolf is shown writhing in pain and a man breaks its neck (the wolf falls to the ground, whimpers and takes its last breath causing other wolves to howl); a man pounds on the ground causing large fissures to open (we see a molten river) and people and wolves fall in (presumably dying), and a man falls into the fissure, clambers back up the rock wall, leaps onto another man and pulls his head off (we hear a crunch and see the head separate with blood at the neck); a woman chases another woman, knocking other people down on her way until she grabs the woman, drags her on the ground and throws her for a wolf to attack (we hear tearing, we see the wolf biting her and pull her hand off with blood at the wrist and in the wolf's teeth); a man is held on his knees by a woman using an electrical charge on his neck until another woman approaches and pulls his mouth open wide until his head rips off (we hear tearing, we see his skin tear and we hear him scream); a man throws a woman through the air, crashes into another man who swings her around, she kicks the first man, she climbs on the shoulders of one of the men, and they continue to fight and struggle until one man's head is popped off and he is set on fire (we see the man's staring eyes in his severed head with blood at his neck).
► Vampires talk about vampire children being destroyed because they would wreak havoc since they are unable to control their tendencies and we see a village that has been decimated with a pile of bodies on the ground and a young boy with blood on his mouth and face; a woman (presumably the boy's mother) screams and runs toward him, she is held by three men and her head is torn off and thrown into a fire (we see the severed head being thrown into the fire as the headless body falls to the ground), and a young woman holding the young boy then throws the boy into the fire. A female vampire's head is ripped off by a male vampire; we see the head separate (there is blood on the neck of both pieces) and the body falls forward while another vampire sets the head and body on fire and two other vampires scream and try to attack the killers.
► A vampire tackles a wolf running through a forest, they fight briefly and when they separate we see that the wolf has taken the vampire's head off (the head and the body are shown apart and blood is evident).
► A male vampire grabs a man by the throat and holds him against a wall, he throws him to the ground and the man tries to crawl away but the vampire tackles him, bites him (we hear a crunch) and the man yells briefly but then falls still (no blood is visible). Two vampires fight in an alley, one is engulfed with a paralyzing vapor until another calls him off and two other men beat him and presumably pull his head off (we see movement in the background, but no detail). A vampire says "pain" and another vampire falls to his knees groaning. A mountain lion leaps toward a deer and a woman vampire intercepts the lion, they wrestle briefly and the woman bites the lion (we hear the lion roaring and we hear a crunch; no blood is visible).
► A woman vampire prepares to attack a deer when she is distracted by the smell of human blood; we see a climber on a sheer rock wall and he slips, cutting his neck (we see a gash and blood) before righting himself, the woman speeds toward him and skitters up the wall, but is stopped before attacking. Several vampires appear frightened by a young girl and a couple of them try to lunge for her to kill her.
► A woman vampire becomes angry with a man and she speaks to him harshly, she grabs him by the neck and throws him down a flight of stairs, she continues to yell at him, then hits him twice and he is thrown (no visible injuries); a wolf snarls at the woman, lunges toward her and she throws him into a tree (we hear a crunch and the wolf whimpers but gets up OK). A man and a woman arm wrestle, the man groans and struggles, the woman pushes the man's arm down so hard that it breaks a piece of the rock slab they are resting on and she punches the rock and breaks off other pieces in celebration after winning.
► A woman vampire touches a male vampire's hand and neck and he is jolted with an electric current and moans. A male vampire touches the hand of a woman vampire who sends an electric charge into this body and he falls to his knees (he is OK after). A woman vampire grabs the hand of another woman vampire who says "Ow." A wife pulls her husband close and they hug but the man gasps from how strong she is and asks her to be more careful (we hear a thud).
► A young man and three teen boys transform into wolves and run through a forest chasing two men who jump into trees and swirl around while the wolves jump and snap at them. A woman vampire jumps off a high rock wall and lands uninjured on the ground below.
► Many black-robed people approach a smaller group of people in a snow-covered clearing where they talk and negotiate; when things become tense a pack of wolves appears and approach with bare teeth. A woman vampire drops a glass object and it shatters when she sees a large number of individuals wearing black robes walking through the snow (she can see the future).
► After taking off his clothes (please see the Sex/Nudity category for more details) a man turns into a wolf and lunges toward another man who falls back on the ground and struggles to get away (he is not harmed).
► A man describes a situation as being "like putting a red hot poker down her throat." A man talks to a few teenage boys (all wolves in their human form) while teaching them to control their impulses and makes a comment about them not wanting to tear their mother's head off. A man talks to a woman about getting "your thirst under control" (referring to thirst for blood) and "you need to hunt." People talk about telling a woman's father that she is dead. A woman sniffs a man and says, "You really stink." A man tells a woman's father that she "had to change." A woman enters a room and tells three men that she is there to "report a crime." A male vampire makes a comment about another vampire slaughtering an entire coven. A young girl asks her mother if two people ran away because "We're gonna die." A vampire says, "I came this close to biting Custer." A vampire says, "They burned our castles and we've been waiting 1500 years to fight them." A male vampire tells a female vampire "If we live through this, I'll follow you anywhere."
► We hear about vampires and the unusual powers that they possess; one has the power to influence others' minds, one possesses an electrical charge in her touch, one can conjure up a protective shield, one can see the future, one can control the elements, one can dispense a "paralyzing vapor," etc. A man is shown taking the hands of several people individually and reacting to what he sees while holding their hands. A young girl touches the faces of several people individually and the people react to what they see as she touches them. A child is shown to be growing very quickly and people seem concerned.
► A woman is shown in the distance watching other people, she runs away and we see a disturbance in the sea suggesting that she jumped off a rock formation and into the water. Two women run through a forest and move so quickly that we cannot discern who they are. A man and a woman run through a forest very fast and jump over a waterfall before stopping to hunt.
► We see images of what looks like blood on leaves and the ground accompanying the opening credits. We see a close-up of someone's eyes turning blood red. A woman puts contact lenses in another woman's eyes (we see the eye and the lens in close-up). Many vampires are shown with blood red eyes and pale skin throughout the movie.
► A male vampire creates a huge wall of water and then it splashes back down into a pool. A male vampire lights his fingers on fire and then throws the flames into a pile of wood that starts a fire. A man chops firewood with an axe.
the review continues below...
- 1 scatological term, 1 anatomical term, 3 mild obscenities, name-calling (a woman accuses a man of nicknaming her daughter Nessy after the Loch Ness Monster, blood suckers, Dracula 1 and 2, creepy).
the review continues below...
the review continues below...
- Love, parenting, vampires, immortality, mortality, fear, fear of the unknown, power acquisition, courage, family, secrets, living with uncertainty, trust, forgiveness, changing times.
- Solidarity can diffuse volatile situations. Love can overcome any obstacle.
Be aware that while we do our best to avoid spoilers it is impossible to disguise all details and some may reveal crucial plot elements.
We've gone through several editorial changes since we started covering films in 1992 and older reviews are not as complete & accurate as recent ones; we plan to revisit and correct older reviews as resources and time permits.
Our ratings and reviews are based on the theatrically-released versions of films; on video there are often Unrated, Special, Director's Cut or Extended versions, (usually accurately labelled but sometimes mislabeled) released that contain additional content, which we did not review.
We are a totally independent website with no connections to political, religious or other groups & we neither solicit nor choose advertisers. You can help us keep our independence with a donation.
NO MORE ADS!
Become a member of our premium site for just $2/month & access advance reviews, without any ads, not a single one, ever. And you will be helping support our website & our efforts.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
We welcome suggestions & criticisms -- and we accept compliments too. While we read all emails & try to reply we don't always manage to do so; be assured that we will not share your e-mail address.
NO MORE ADS!
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
We welcome suggestions & criticisms -- and we will accept compliments too. While we read all emails & try to reply we do not always manage to do so; be assured that we will not share your e-mail address.