13 Going on 30 | 2004 | PG-13 | - 4.3.4
Jennifer Garner stars as a dorky 13-year-old girl who fast-forwards from 1987 to 2004 and finds herself in a 30-year-old woman's body. Her grown-up version is gorgeous, successful and popular but she soon realizes that the way she is at 30 is not the person she wanted to grow up to be. Also with Mark Ruffalo, Judy Greer, Andy Serkis and Kathy Baker. Directed by Gary Winick. [1:37]
- A man kisses a woman's ear, he takes off his shirt (we see him bare-chested), he does a striptease for the woman down to his jockey shorts -- they reveal the outline of his genitals. A man and a woman jump off a swing set, roll on the ground and kiss. A man and a woman kiss a few times. A married man kisses a woman (not his wife). A girl kisses a boy. A man and a woman kiss on TV. A woman hugs a man. A man and a woman dance, he dips her and they hug. A woman flirts with a boy. A man comes out of a bathroom with a towel wrapped around his waist, he takes the towel off, a woman opens an umbrella before anything is exposed and she says, "put that away." A woman wears a short, slinky nightgown revealing cleavage and bare thighs. Girls wear short skirts and low-cut tops revealing cleavage, bare abdomens and bare thighs. Women wear low-cut, tight-fitting outfits that reveal cleavage, bare abdomens, bare legs and bare shoulders. A girl goes into a closet and is told that a boy will join her and that he has seven minutes to do whatever he wants to do to her (the game is called "7 minutes of heaven," also referred to as "spin the rapist"). A girl tells another girl that a particular boy "loves going to second base." During an editorial meeting a title is discussed for an article "57 ways to have an orgasm." A 13-year-old girl says, "no guy would ever want to jump my bones with all this metal in my mouth," referring to her braces). A woman says of a man, "I saw his thingy." A woman touches her breasts in disbelief in a few scenes. A man's nickname for his girlfriend is "sweet bottom."
- A woman kicks a man in the crotch after he kisses her. Young women tease a young man and a young woman on several occasions. Two women plot to undermine a colleague. A woman falls out of bed and hits her head, and a woman falls backward over a barrier. A woman says she'll grab a man "by the testicles." People are mean and insulting to each other in many scenes. A girl spills a drink on another girl. A game, where a girl goes into a closet and is told that a boy will join her and that he has seven minutes to do whatever he wants to do to her, is referred to as "spin the rapist."
- 1 sexual reference, 2 scatological references, 9 anatomical terms, 7 mild obscenities, 11 religious exclamations.
- People are shown drinking alcohol.
- Growing up, popularity, true friendship, fear, life changing mistakes, learning from mistakes, soul mates, second chances, disappointment, hurting other people to get what you want, being yourself, not fitting into a prescribed mold.
- True friends should be cherished. We don't often get second chances to do the right thing.
Be aware that while we do our best to avoid spoilers it is impossible to disguise all details and some may reveal crucial plot elements.
We've gone through several editorial changes since we started covering films in 1992 and older reviews are not as complete & accurate as recent ones; we plan to revisit and correct older reviews as resources and time permits.
Our ratings and reviews are based on the theatrically-released versions of films; on video there are often Unrated, Special, Director's Cut or Extended versions, (usually accurately labelled but sometimes mislabeled) released that contain additional content, which we did not review.
We are a totally independent website with no connections to political, religious or other groups & we neither solicit nor choose advertisers. You can help us keep our independence with a donation.
NO MORE ADS!
Become a member of our premium site for just $2/month & access advance reviews, without any ads, not a single one, ever. And you will be helping support our website & our efforts.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
We welcome suggestions & criticisms -- and we accept compliments too. While we read all emails & try to reply we don't always manage to do so; be assured that we will not share your e-mail address.
NO MORE ADS!
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
We welcome suggestions & criticisms -- and we will accept compliments too. While we read all emails & try to reply we do not always manage to do so; be assured that we will not share your e-mail address.