The Other Woman | 2014 | PG-13 | - 5.4.5
A woman (Cameron Diaz) finds out that her boyfriend (Nikolaj Coster-Waldau) is married and when the man's wife (Leslie Mann) confronts her, they discover that he's involved in yet another affair. Together the three women plot a payback scheme. Also with Don Johnson, Kate Upton, Taylor Kinney and Nicki Minaj. Directed by Nick Cassavetes. [1:49]
- A married man and a woman kiss as they come into a hotel room; they stop briefly and the woman says, "We can talk after"; they kiss again and sex is implied. A clothed married man and clothed woman lie in bed and kiss. A husband and his wife kiss and he chases her into their bedroom where they lie on the bed kissing and start to undress; she excuses herself and we see her shaving her legs and armpits before returning to find him on the phone; the husband tries to seduce the wife and she rebuffs him. A married man wearing swim trunks on a beach kisses a woman wearing a bikini (we see his bare chest and legs and her cleavage, abdomen, back and full legs). A married man reaches for the bare thigh of a woman in his car and she pushes his hand away and gets out of the car. A husband and his wife kiss in a few scenes. A husband and his wife hug in a few scenes. Three women watch a married man kisses a woman.
► A bare-chested man with a towel wrapped around his waist panics when he seems to be growing breasts and his nipples are enlarged and tender (we see his nipples and his wife squeezes one in close-up). A woman wears extremely tight-fitting outfits that reveal her ample breasts, hips and buttocks in several scenes. A woman wears a top that reveals upper chest. A woman wears a short skirt that reveals her bare legs to the upper thighs. A drunk woman's bare thighs are seen when her skirt lifts up as another woman tries to force her into a car. A woman wears a low-cut tank top that reveals cleavage and bare shoulders. A woman wears a dress that is very low-cut in the back and we see her bare back to the hip. Men and women wearing swimsuits are shown around a swimming pool. Two women wear low-cut tops that reveal cleavage. A woman's bikini bottom reads "Just Married."
► A clothed woman wakes up in a bed next to a man and separated by pillows; they talk about her having come to bed naked after skinny dipping and that the man had to button her into a shirt backwards to keep the shirt on her; she remarks about trying to molest him and he says that he managed to resist her. A woman wearing a short skirt and low-cut top (bare legs to the upper thigh and cleavage are shown) stands at the front door of her boyfriend's house posing as a plumber and the man's wife answers the door. A man in a restaurant appears to be flirting with a woman at the bar while his date waits for him at a table. Two women in an office swoon after speaking to a man.
► A woman tries to convince a married man to have sex with her and another woman; when he finally agrees, a man dressed as a woman lifts the man up and twirls him around (it is not suggested that they actually have sex). A drunk woman hugs another woman and tries to kiss her. Two drunk women dance together and we see sexually suggestive thrusts and bumps. Men and women dance in a nightclub. A man tells three women how much sex he has. Three women talk about a man's sexual appetite. A woman yells at another woman and asks, "You had sex with my husband 50 times?" A father tells his adult daughter to "Put on something sexy and fix that young man's plumbing." Two women talk about the man one of them is dating and the other says, "You haven't dated one man in a long time," suggesting that she usually dates several men at a time. A woman tells another woman that "The best part of being pretty is that you don't have to work." A woman tells her father that he is on "Divorce number 5." A woman implies that she and another woman's husband had sex in numerous places in her apartment. A woman asks another woman, "Doesn't he [her husband] see you naked all the time?" and they have a conversation about body maintenance and shaving various parts of the body. Two women look at and discuss the underwear that one of them has in her closet (some underwear is shown and is sheer). A woman talks to another woman about her "Hot brother" and the second woman says, "You cannot have my husband and my brother." A woman tells two other women that she told her boyfriend that she had an STI causing him to panic and get medicine from the doctor.
► Three women massage two women and a man on the shoulders and the man says that the place they are in is called "No Hands," because the women do everything for the customers (pour drinks, feed them, etc.); one of the women asks the masseuse to stop because she "Hates to be touched."
► A wife uses the toilet in a bathroom while her husband brushes his teeth and they talk; we see her lift her long nightgown and then flush (no sounds are heard and no nudity is seen).
the review continues below...
- A man yells and protests when he is confronted in a conference room and when he attempts to leave the room he slams into a glass wall cutting his nose and (blood sprays on the glass and we see a cut across his nose). A man walks through a glass wall and the entire wall shatters and he falls to the floor (we see him with blood on his nose and lip and his suit is cut in places). A woman falls through a second floor window, crashes through a pergola and lands hard on the ground (she's OK).
► A woman chases another woman on a beach, and then twists her ankle and limps before a third woman tackles her and they wrestle on the ground for a short time while yelling at each other. A man punches another man in the already very bloody face and he falls to the ground. A man shoves a woman out of her office chair and onto the floor (she squeals but we see no injuries). A woman's shoe heel break as and she stumbles and falls off a stoop, lads in the shrubs and knocks over a large vase that shatters.
► We hear a woman screaming in a house and we later see a flashback to a scene where she swings a golf club around in her husband's home office destroying equipment and putting holes in the walls. A woman tears up a bouquet of flowers and throws them around her office. A woman brushes the teeth of her dog using her husband's toothbrush and then rinses it in the toilet water; she replaces his shampoo with depilatory cream and spikes his smoothie with female hormones (please see the Sex/Nudity category for more details); we see the man panic when he pulls out handfuls of hair from his head.
► A woman tries to climb a security gate and another woman helps by trying to push her over; when the gate begins to open, they jump into the surrounding shrubs where one of the women pretends to be stretching using the other woman's legs as several gardeners in a truck drive out. A large dog jumps into a car and smacks the driver in the face; she reacts and says that she thinks that she was hit by the dog's genitals. A woman struggles to get another woman who is very drunk into a car and eventually manages to.
► Two women argue in a restaurant and one follows the other out onto a sidewalk where they continue to argue and bump together as one tries to move around the other. A woman confronts another woman about having an affair with her husband and says that her husband is "Lying to me and sleeping with you" before having a panic attack and hyperventilating. A woman yells at another woman and says, "I don't flipping care." A woman yells and says that "My whole world just blew up." A woman panics and yells about the possibility of going to prison. A wife talks to her husband about what happened to a man who ate undercooked pork and describes a medical procedure; she says that without the procedure the man's head would have exploded. A woman talks about how people with a lazy eye can train it to strengthen it and that she thinks that she needs to go to a "brain camp." A woman says that her mother told her that "Selfish people live longer." A woman tells another woman that "Everything fails eventually." A woman says that "Cheaters don't change." The word "PIG" is written across the face of a man on a cell phone picture. A woman says that "We should kick him in the [anatomical term deleted]" about a man who has cheated on her.
► A woman drinks numerous shots of alcohol in a bar and dribbles a little bit of one of the shots out and down her chin before vomiting in her purse (we hear loud retching, but we do not see vomit). A man appears to be suffering from severe stomach pains and we hear flatulence as he runs to the bathroom in a restaurant; he sits on a toilet and we hear a lot of loud splattering and flatulence as he moans and perspires. A dog defecates on the floor of a woman's apartment and we see the feces fall onto the floor. A wife uses the toilet in a bathroom while her husband brushes his teeth and they talk. A dog licks the open mouth of a sleeping woman and she coughs and sputters. A dog licks a woman's face as she lies on the floor drunk.
the review continues below...
- 2 mouthed F-words accompanied by two obscene hand gestures, 16 sexual references, 32 scatological terms (1 mild), 14 anatomical terms, song lyrics include the words "bubble butt" repeated numerous times, 16 mild obscenities, name-calling (paranoid, selfish, old, gross, sociopath, pig, soul sucking, cliché, chick, greedy, dumb, boring, weird, weirdo, weirdest, evil, monster, killer, empty man, disgusting, girls), exclamations (screw turkey, oh my gosh), 13 religious exclamations (e.g. Oh My God, Jesus Christ, Jesus, Oh God, I Swear to God).
the review continues below...
- People in several restaurant scenes are shown with glasses of wine and liquor at their tables and some are shown drinking from them, a man stands outside a woman's place of business holding a bouquet of flowers and a bottle of wine, a woman drinks many shots of alcohol in a bar (please see the Violence/Gore category for more details), people are shown drinking alcohol in several bar scenes, two women finish off a couple bottles of wine, people drink beer and wine in a restaurant, two women drink tequila after having had a couple bottles of wine and they appear to be drunk, a man and woman sitting on a beach are shown with beer bottles on a table near them, three women toast with champagne, people in a restaurant are shown with wine and alcohol in glasses on their tables and a few are shown drinking, a woman drinks vodka from the bottle and sprays eats whipped cream into her mouth while crying, three women toast with champagne, and people drink alcohol in a dance club. A woman asks three other people if they mind if she smokes and one of them says that she feels like having one too (we do not see them smoking).
the review continues below...
- Cheating, family, infidelity, divorce, pathological cheating, fraud, success, trust, breaking up marriages, relationships, stealing, men, man logic, friendship, restitution, STIs.
- Friendships can develop out of unpleasant circumstances.
Be aware that while we do our best to avoid spoilers it is impossible to disguise all details and some may reveal crucial plot elements.
We've gone through several editorial changes since we started covering films in 1992 and older reviews are not as complete & accurate as recent ones; we plan to revisit and correct older reviews as resources and time permits.
Our ratings and reviews are based on the theatrically-released versions of films; on video there are often Unrated, Special, Director's Cut or Extended versions, (usually accurately labelled but sometimes mislabeled) released that contain additional content, which we did not review.
We are a totally independent website with no connections to political, religious or other groups & we neither solicit nor choose advertisers. You can help us keep our independence with a donation.
NO MORE ADS!
Become a member of our premium site for just $2/month & access advance reviews, without any ads, not a single one, ever. And you will be helping support our website & our efforts.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
We welcome suggestions & criticisms -- and we accept compliments too. While we read all emails & try to reply we don't always manage to do so; be assured that we will not share your e-mail address.
NO MORE ADS!
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
We welcome suggestions & criticisms -- and we will accept compliments too. While we read all emails & try to reply we do not always manage to do so; be assured that we will not share your e-mail address.