Next Friday | 2000 | R | - 6.4.10
In the sequel to the comedy "Friday," Ice Cube hides out with his relatives in the suburbs when the neighborhood bully he helped put behind bars breaks out of prison. Also with Mike Epps, Don ‘DC' Curry, Tamala Jones, Tom 'Tiny' Lister Jr., Justin Pierce, John Witherspoon, Sticky Fingaz, Amy Hill, Andy Linton, Clifton Powell, The Lady Of Rage, Lisa Rodriguez, Lobo Sebastian, Jacob Vargas and Kim Whitley. [1:33]
- Lots of sexual innuendo and a couple of kisses; also, in a couple of scenes a woman licks a man's face and neck. A man pulls a man onto a bed (thinking he's someone else) and begins thrusting into him; the man then rolls onto a woman who's also lying in the bed and she holds onto him tightly as he struggles to get away. We see a man wearing a leather hood and gag with a scantily clad woman tied to a wall in the background; also, we see shelves of phalluses and some S&M clothing and toys in a man's bedroom. A man carries a woman over his shoulder into a bedroom, then we see him jump on top of her (he's wearing only thong underwear) as she lies on a bed. A woman sits on a man's lap and moves rhythmically while he tries to unhook her bra. A man slaps a woman's buttocks, a woman slaps a man's buttocks, a man buries his face in a woman's cleavage and a man "bumps and grinds" a few times. A woman passes out and her head falls into a man's lap. A dog humps a man's leg. We see a condom floating in a hot tub. We see a few pictures of scantily clad women as a man flips through a magazine; also, we see a poster of a woman's bare backside. We see some scantily clad women, sometimes dancing suggestively.
- Nearly always played for laughs. A man drives into a man standing in front of his car; the man holds onto the hood for a little bit before falling off. We see two fistfights during which a man is knocked unconscious (he has a bloody mouth). Some scuffles, shoves, punches, slaps, kicks, falls and foot chases. A man is tackled, a man is hit in the head with a board, a man is tripped and a man is hit with a flower pot. A man shoves a woman off his lap and onto the floor. A woman douses a man's face with pepper spray and he appears to be in a lot of pain. A man's lips are sucked into the end of a vacuum tube a few times. A man falls off his skateboard, and the skateboard is then run over by a car. We see men bound and gagged with duct tape. A woman "keys" a car and throws a brick through its windshield. A dog chases a couple of people and a man tries to hit the dog with a belt. Some threatening with guns; in a brief flashback, we see some people being shot at but not hit. We see a dog excreting in a yard and later see a man fall into the excrement (he has brown stains on the back of his clothing throughout the movie). Audible flatulence and several instances of scatological humor.
- At least 85 F-words, lots of anatomical and scatological references and lots of mild obscenities, insults and racial epithets.
- Marijuana use, the suburbs, winning the lottery, theft, criminals.
- You can always find trouble, even in seemingly safe places.
Be aware that while we do our best to avoid spoilers it is impossible to disguise all details and some may reveal crucial plot elements.
We've gone through several editorial changes since we started covering films in 1992 and older reviews are not as complete & accurate as recent ones; we plan to revisit and correct older reviews as resources and time permits.
Our ratings and reviews are based on the theatrically-released versions of films; on video there are often Unrated, Special, Director's Cut or Extended versions, (usually accurately labelled but sometimes mislabeled) released that contain additional content, which we did not review.
We are a totally independent website with no connections to political, religious or other groups & we neither solicit nor choose advertisers. You can help us keep our independence with a donation.
NO MORE ADS!
Become a member of our premium site for just $1/month & access advance reviews, without any ads, not a single one, ever. And you will be helping support our website & our efforts.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
We welcome suggestions & criticisms -- and we accept compliments too. While we read all emails & try to reply we don't always manage to do so; be assured that we will not share your e-mail address.
NO MORE ADS!
Become a member of our premium site for just $2/month & access advance reviews, without any ads, not a single one, ever. And you will be helping support our website & our efforts.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
We welcome suggestions & criticisms -- and we will accept compliments too. While we read all emails & try to reply we do not always manage to do so; be assured that we will not share your e-mail address.