Mike and Dave Need Wedding Dates | 2016 | R | - 8.5.10
Two brothers (Adam DeVine and Zac Efron) wreak havoc at family celebrations with reckless stunts. To stop them from destroying their sister's Hawaiian wedding, their parents issue an ultimatum to the brothers, instructing them to bring responsible dates with them. After a TV talk show appearance, two women (Aubrey Plaza and Anna Kendrick) answer the brothers' plea, but turn out to be unpredictable. Also with Stephen Root, Sugar Lyn Beard, Sam Richardson and Stephanie Faracy. Directed by Jake Szymanski. [1:38]
- A masseur gives a woman under a sheet a massage after he strips nude, covers himself in oil and proceeds with strange movements (we see him nude in several profile shots; we never see his genital area) as he sits on the woman's buttocks while she is face down on the table and he grinds his pelvis and bounces; he slaps her bare buttocks like a bongo drum, he swings over her like a pendulum from head to toe brushing her bare buttocks with his bare buttocks as he hangs from sashes around the legs and shoulders (we see her bare back, thighs, and legs) and she moans several times, smiles and screams; the therapist says that she will have aftershock orgasms afterward that require not operating heavy machinery in order to avoid vibrations, and the woman's brother enters the room during the massage and screams loudly, running out again.
► Two women wear extremely skimpy cut-off tops and legless panties made of lace that reveal skin through the mesh (we see bare legs to the upper thighs and cleavage) while one of these women dances on a table, briefly gyrating. Two women appear to be dancing nude briefly in a long shot; one woman then hides behind a horse, revealing bare shoulders, one partial thigh and bare lower legs while the other woman walks up, displaying full frontal nudity (including pubic hair) as her brother shouts in alarm. A man at a party holds a fireworks rocket launcher to his crotch to fire rockets and holds a foaming bottle of champagne out from his groin. Two men grab their groins several times while dancing. A close-up of a woman's behind shows short-shorts and bare thighs. A pool party and a beach scene show several women wearing skimpy, tight bikinis that reveal backs, cleavage, abdomens, upper pubic regions, partial buttocks, thighs and legs. A few scenes show women wear low-cut dresses that reveal cleavage. Several women wear long dresses with cut-outs that reveal cleavage and a bare back. A woman on TV wears a very short skirt, with a tight blouse that outlines her breasts. A few men are seen shirtless. A male dancer is shown bare-chested.
► A woman in a barn with her back to the camera reveals bare buttocks as she thrusts her pelvis between the spread legs of a man sitting on a stack of hay bales (we see his knees); she says, "I'm done," pulls down her dress, and walks away.
► A woman tries to seduce another woman in a steam bath (she's wearing a towel around her neck and a longer towel around her waist); she spreads her legs with the towel covering her groin and we then see the other woman with her hand under the towel, moving in masturbation-like movements (we also see one bare breast and partial nipple of the first woman briefly).
► A man and a woman kiss passionately in two scenes and in the second scene she lies on top of him on a picnic table at a wedding party. A man kisses a woman quickly in three scenes. A man kisses his brother on the mouth. A man tries to kiss a woman, but she drinks from a vodka bottle quickly to stop him. A bride and groom kiss for several seconds in two scenes.
► A woman in a hotel room reads the names of porn movies offered on TV and one of the women later sucks on a pencil suggestively several times, as if it is a penis, whispering to a man that she is a very strict schoolteacher. A man and a woman in a hotel corridor whisper sexual comments to each other (please see the Language category for more details), as she nibbles his ear but refuses to sleep in his room; we see an erection bulging in his trousers and the man's brother says, "Eeeeww!"
► Two men post a Craigslist ad for dates and it goes viral with women seeking a free beach vacation; a series of blind dates include two gay women who say they just want a trip to Hawaii and a man dressed as a woman who removes his wig and asks if the men want to have sex and if that will get him the vacation (the men say no). Two women make sexual moaning sounds about cheeseburgers.
► A woman asks a girlfriend, "He raped me with his butt right?" referring to a massage, and she smiles. A man and a woman planning to marry argue loudly about her receiving a massage that caused orgasms; they cancel the wedding and break up briefly. A woman tells a new bride that it is customary for the bridesmaids to go to Las Vegas and take roles as prostitutes for a night to see how much money they can make; the bride looks horrified. A man tells his two adult sons to stop hitting on girls whenever they attend family events. A woman picks up a tropical plant and circles the large stamen with her finger several times, saying it is a penis. A man remarks, "Everybody has Chlamydia."
the review continues below...
- A woman on an ATV follows a man on another ATV off a cliff and crashes; she seriously injures her face with massive bruising before her wedding day and we see a large ridged tire strike the woman's face and knock her face down in close-up (we later see the side of her face covered in a bruise, scrapes, a cut lip and a bloody nose); one scene showing a patch of gauze on the forehead and a bruise at the lower lip.
► A flashback shows two men turn Fourth of July fireworks into a massive fire that endangers bystanders, along with dangerous trampoline stunts; men and women run and scream, one man on a trampoline knocks a woman off a patio roof and she falls hard on cement, crying. Two men launch fireworks at a night party and we see men and women run and scream and many horses stampede off-screen.
► A man and a woman fight in a sauna and he shrieks, she tackles him out to the carpeting, sits on him, and punches him in the groin several times; he groans in pain. A man repeats his wish to poison his cousin while microphones are on and the crowd hears him; they also hear six loud punches as another man punches him in the face six times. The men wrestle on a stage for an extended time.
► An elderly man collapses into a large sheet cake and falls onto the floor; we hear that he died a year later. A woman jumps onto a slowly moving car's hood and rolls off to the street, pretending to be hurt; a drunken man gives her mouth-to-mouth CPR and she says he saved her life. Two women high on Ecstasy (please see the Substance Use category for more details) release a corral full of horses that stampede. A man throws a suitcase that breaks a TV and we hear glass crack.
► A man screams many times throughout the film and in a few scenes, he and his brother scream at each other. Two women and two men argue loudly several times. A man shouts loudly at four people, cursing and name-calling (please see the Language category for more details). A woman says that her fiancé died from cancer, then died from AIDS, then died in a plane crash; she plays video footage of him leaving her at the altar as she wails. A man behind a curtain at a rehearsal dinner says that he wants to poison his cousin with eye drops in her drink to give her diarrhea (he tried, but was unable to put the drops in her drink). A man says, "I'm taking some leaks," and walks off-screen. A woman says that she once drank puddle water and was taken to the ER to prevent infection. A man says that he went to the ER once when he had 13 Pokemon figures and a slammer in his rectum.
► Two men cry and slobber white saliva. A man runs across the screen with a roasted pig in his arms.
the review continues below...
- About 75 F-words and its derivatives, 3 obscene hand gestures, 28 sexual references, 38 scatological terms, 33 anatomical terms, 24 mild obscenities, 3 derogatory terms for African-Americans, name-calling (crazy, insane, stupid, dumb, idiots, morons, weird, foolish, queeny, freaky, losers, bimbo, rednecks, wallpaper, liars, traitor, coward, gypsies, boring, roller, troll, dope), exclamations (shut-up, oh my gosh, sweet candied nuts, shut your mouth, hush it up), 8 religious profanities (GD), 21 religious exclamations (Oh My God, Oh God, God, Jeez, Holy [scatological terms deleted], Jesus Hussein Christ, God Bless You, Sweet Baby Jesus, a woman says that her makeup on a washcloth looks like the "Jesus rag" [meaning Shroud of Turin]).
the review continues below...
- A woman lights and smokes from a large-diameter bong tube, a man enters a hotel room and asks if he smells weed and two women say no, a woman at a party says that she can smoke weed from three apples she picks up, a woman takes a small bag of Ecstasy out from her bra, two women swallow Ecstasy (one of the women drinking wine as well) and they slur their words in a slow motion scene with their voices sounding as if they are in an echo chamber, and a man says that he once took peyote, and we hear that two women drink alcohol and smoke marijuana regularly and for long periods of time at home. A man pours a shot of liquor (no one drinks), four glasses of beer are seen in close-up and several cocktails on tables in a bar scene (no one drinks), several beach parties and a luncheon as well as a café scene show men and women drinking cocktails and wine along with champagne and beer, a woman has six margarita glasses in front of her and she slurs her words (a man says that she is drinking too much), a man and a woman drink from a vodka bottle in a beach scene, two women drink from beer bottles at home and in a hotel room, cartoon drawings show alcohol bottles with human heads and limbs holding alcohol bottles as well as guns and a chainsaw, and a woman says that alcohol is delicious and she loves it (she accepts a job as a liquor salesman). A man smokes a cigarette outdoors (near fireworks).
the review continues below...
- Reckless and immature behaviors, low self-esteem, the effects of alcoholic beverages and party drugs, finding appropriate careers, inter-racial marriages, families, siblings, dating ads, growing up, commitment, relationships, honesty, respect, understanding, love, trust, second chances.
- Alcohol and recreational drug use, dating, and growing up can be risky for both men and women.
Be aware that while we do our best to avoid spoilers it is impossible to disguise all details and some may reveal crucial plot elements.
We've gone through several editorial changes since we started covering films in 1992 and older reviews are not as complete & accurate as recent ones; we plan to revisit and correct older reviews as resources and time permits.
Our ratings and reviews are based on the theatrically-released versions of films; on video there are often Unrated, Special, Director's Cut or Extended versions, (usually accurately labelled but sometimes mislabeled) released that contain additional content, which we did not review.
NEW THIS WEEK
NEW ON VIDEO
We are a totally independent website with no connections to political, religious or other groups & we neither solicit nor choose advertisers. You can help us keep our independence with a donation.
NO MORE ADS!
Become a member of our premium site for just $2/month & access advance reviews, without any ads, not a single one, ever. And you will be helping support our website & our efforts.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
We welcome suggestions & criticisms -- and we accept compliments too. While we read all emails & try to reply we don't always manage to do so; be assured that we will not share your e-mail address.
NO MORE ADS!
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
We welcome suggestions & criticisms -- and we will accept compliments too. While we read all emails & try to reply we do not always manage to do so; be assured that we will not share your e-mail address.