Let's Be Cops | 2014 | R | - 6.6.8
Two roommates in their 30s have few prospects and are desperate to shake things up a little. When they dress up as police officers for a costume party, they begin to enjoy the role when people actually think they are real cops. But when they confront a violent mobster it's not clear if they'll survive. Also with Jake Johnson, Damon Wayans Jr., Rob Riggle, Nina Dobrev, James D'Arcy, Keegan-Michael Key, Andy Garcia, Jonathan Lajoie, Tom Mardirosian and Natasha Leggero. Directed by Luke Greenfield. [1:44]
- A fully nude man attacks a man dressed as a police officer and we see the man's bare chest, abdomen, legs, back buttocks and scrotum (the man's genitals are covered by a roll of fat in the front; he knocks the other man down and crawls over him, dragging his genitals over his face and head before collapsing unconscious).
► A shirtless man is shown with a full tattoo covering his bare back and we see his bare chest and abdomen when he turns around. A woman wears a low-cut top that reveals cleavage and a short skirt that shows her bare legs to the thigh. Women wear low-cut tops and dresses that reveal cleavage in several scenes. Three women wear low-cut and tight-fitting outfits that reveal cleavage and the contours of their bodies. We see a shirtless man and his bare chest, abdomen and back are shown.
► A man and a woman kiss; the woman removes her dress and we see her bare back and shoulders and the man reacts to seeing her nude and he asks her to put her dress back on and they kiss again (no sex is implied). A man kisses a woman and then drops her to the floor (we hear a thud). A woman invites two men into her apartment and she strikes sexually suggestive poses and makes suggestive remarks in a few scenes (we see cleavage and bare legs and her panty covered crotch); she is shown eating a lollipop suggestively and saying that her "bubble bath is not wet enough"; one scene shows her pressing her bare cleavage against a window as a man walks on the street below.
► Two men dressed in police uniforms go into a dance club and are pulled into a back room where several women cheer them on to dance and strip for them; the two men dance and one thrusts on a woman's lap while three women grab at him and the other man opens his shirt (we see his bare chest and abdomen) and the women say "Ewww." Men and women dance in a club scene where women wear cleavage revealing tops and tight-fitting dresses. Several women hug and kiss two men dressed in police uniforms. Several women walking along a sidewalk smile flirtatiously at two men dressed in police uniforms. A man dressed in a police uniform makes five men perform a sobriety test that includes suggestive hips thrusting.
► An elderly woman kisses a young man full on the lips. A man and a woman kiss in a few scenes. A man and a woman talk and flirt in a restaurant.
► A man makes a sexually explicit remark to a woman and she leaves the room. A woman tells two men that she once "Did a three-way with 2 paramedics." Two women argue about one woman stealing the other woman's boyfriend and some suggestive text messages are read out loud. A man talks about the last time he had sex was with a 50-year-old (he's 30 something). A man talks about having done a genital herpes ad and we see a clip where he says, "I have genital herpes."
- A man is shot in the chest by another man with a shotgun and the injured man falls out of a window (the injured man was wearing a bulletproof vest); he lands on a dumpster and runs away as the original shooter and several others shoot at him and chase him. A man with a gun barges into a meeting room and shoots at a man; other people in the room scream and duck as the man shot at runs away and jumps over a railing to the ground below and he runs away. A man points a gun at another man tied to a table and we hear a gunshot before the gunman falls dead on the man on the table (he screams and tries to push him off). Two men dressed in police uniforms hide as another man with a gun shoots around a room; one of the two men is shot in the arm and falls to the floor; one man tackles another man and they fight while another man shoots and hits one man who stumbles to the floor and the other man is shot in the back (we see no blood from the bullet wound and two of the men have blood on their faces).
► A man head-butts another man and we see blood on both of their faces. A large, fully nude man (please see the Sex/Nudity category for more details) charges toward a man dressed in a police uniform, knocks him down on top of a table that collapses and the charging man crawls over the other man dragging his genitals over his face and head before collapsing unconscious. A man with a shovel charges toward two men dressed in police uniforms and yells; they talk and the man runs away from the two other men. We see crime scene photos that show bloody victims. A man is tied to a table and threatened by another man with a knife and a reference is made to leaving him to bleed out (we see the man on the table with bloody wounds on his face and head). A man grabs another man and says, "I'll rip your head off" before punching him hard in the face; the man falls to the ground, then stands up and punches the attacker in the face (we see blood spurt from his mouth) causing him to fall to the floor unconscious while many people watching cheer. A man dressed as a ghost with a sheet over his head jumps out in front of another man who punches him in the face; the man falls to the floor yelling and we see no injuries.
► Two men dressed in police uniforms arrive at a house where a domestic disturbance has been reported and when they go inside they find two women fighting; one man stands between them and is struck when the two women fight; the man is kicked in the groin, he kicks one of the women in the groin and slaps one of the women in the face before she slams him into a table that shatters beneath him. Two men dressed in police uniforms drag a man out of a truck and into a car resembling a police cruiser; they take him to their apartment where they interrogate him and talk about torturing him (one pulls a knife and says to cut his ear and they tape him to an ironing board and pour water over his face in the sink); the man falls to the floor and yells at the two men. Two men dressed in police uniforms barge into a restaurant's back room where they find several men harassing the restaurant's owners; the men dressed like police officers force the men outside where one man dressed like an officer searches their vehicle (please see the Substance Use category for more details) and the other performs a sobriety test (please see the Sex/Nudity category for more details).
► A car stalls on the street and when it starts up the driver swerves into the street as another car pulls around him and they crash together; the drivers get out of the cars and the first driver yells at the other while the passenger takes pictures of the damage; the second driver grabs the man's phone and throws it on the street, shattering it; one man shoves another man and one driver speeds away. A man jumps on another man's back and he is flipped to the ground; the thrower then steps on the man's face on the ground. A man grabs a woman and pulls her onto his lap; she struggles to stand up and get away from the man. A man dressed in a police uniform is startled by a noise behind him and draws his gun; he sees a woman walking with a walker and does not shoot. A man dressed in a police uniform accidentally discharges a weapon and startles himself and another man dressed in a police uniform.
► A police officer drives his car along a sidewalk and knocks display signs over as pedestrians jump and scream. A man plays football with several boys in a park and the man runs and knocks several of the boys to the ground (we see no injuries) before the boys leave the park angrily. A man dressed in a police uniform yells "freeze" at a young man on a skateboard and he falls off the board, and then curses at the man (no injuries are evident). Two men dressed in police uniforms go into a dance club and dance; one does a back flip and the other does a back flip but crashes onto the floor (no injuries are shown). A man slaps another man in the face twice. Two men dressed in police uniforms in a restaurant pull their handguns and point them at each other; the patrons in the restaurant scream and duck (no shots are fired). A man in a car is pulled over by a man dressed as a police officer who jumps on the man's back and yells when he gets out of the car. A woman stumbles into a chair in a restaurant (she is distracted by a man).
► A man dressed in a police uniform and driving a car resembling a police cruiser speeds through a park where many young boys are playing and the boys run and scream (no one is harmed).
► A man dressed in a police uniform tells a woman that his partner shot a man three times; once in the chest and twice in the testicles (this didn't really happen). Two men dressed in police uniforms say, "I'm gonna kill you" to each other. A man tells another man, "I would light you up." A man says that he "wants to shoot at cops, not be one" during a video game presentation about a game involving police officers. A man talks about hiding a "cell phone is their butts." A man dressed in a police uniform tells a boy, "I'm gonna slap that afro off your head." A man talks about another man being a racist and that he probably "snores the N word." A man in a meeting threatens to beat up everyone else in the room.
► A man pulls metallic teeth out of his mouth and we see a string of spittle before he places them in another man's mouth. Two men gag repeatedly and seem as though they will throw up (we do not see them throw up). A man spits his chewing gum in another man's face. A man spits in another man's face and we see goo. A man is shown with a scar on his face. A man has devil horns tattooed on his forehead.
- About 40 F-words and its derivatives (there are several additional F-words and its derivatives in song lyrics that play with the closing credits), 2 obscene hand gestures, 10 sexual references, 56 scatological terms, 29 anatomical terms, 27 mild obscenities, name-calling (ball hog, loser, downer, idiot, stupid pigs, crazy, weird, psycho magnet, devil's nephew, insane, lying [mild obscenity deleted], terrible looking people, gross), exclamations (shut-up), 2 religious profanities (GD), 5 religious exclamations (e.g. Jesus, Oh My God, Oh God, holy [scatological term deleted]).
- A man hands another man a crack pipe and the man smokes from it (he is shown to have double vision afterward), and several men smoke a marijuana cigarette on a sidewalk and two men dressed as police officers take the cigarette and smoke it. We see beer bottles on a table in a restaurant but do not see anyone drinking, a man dressed in a police uniform searches a vehicle where he finds a bottle of bourbon that he drinks from, a man drinks a beer at home, a man drinks a beer while he is ironing, three men drink beer and talk, people drink wine at a party, a man holds a beer bottle at a party (he does not drink), several men drink tall beers while playing dice on the street.
- Life choices, making something of your life, standing up for your ideas, extortion, arms dealers, crooked police officers, imitating a police officer, taking responsibility, money laundering, drug use,
- Don't give up on your dream.
Be aware that while we do our best to avoid spoilers it is impossible to disguise all details and some may reveal crucial plot elements.
We've gone through several editorial changes since we started covering films in 1992 and older reviews are not as complete & accurate as recent ones; we plan to revisit and correct older reviews as resources and time permits.
Our ratings and reviews are based on the theatrically-released versions of films; on video there are often Unrated, Special, Director's Cut or Extended versions, (usually accurately labelled but sometimes mislabeled) released that contain additional content, which we did not review.
We are a totally independent website with no connections to political, religious or other groups & we neither solicit nor choose advertisers. You can help us keep our independence with a donation.
NO MORE ADS!
Become a member of our premium site for just $2/month & access advance reviews, without any ads, not a single one, ever. And you will be helping support our website & our efforts.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
We welcome suggestions & criticisms -- and we accept compliments too. While we read all emails & try to reply we don't always manage to do so; be assured that we will not share your e-mail address.
NO MORE ADS!
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
We welcome suggestions & criticisms -- and we will accept compliments too. While we read all emails & try to reply we do not always manage to do so; be assured that we will not share your e-mail address.