Event Horizon | 1997 | R | - 4.9.7
Something comes back from space and humans must study it in this science fiction thriller.
- A woman's bare breasts are shown a few times. A woman is seen in a wet shirt and the outline of her breasts/nipples are visible. Men and women are seen in underwear. Sexual innuendo.
- A body is shown with blood on it (mainly on the face). Blood and membrane is shown on windows, walls and consoles. A rotting body without eyes is seen, a corpse shatters into bloody pieces, and a burning, bloody person is shown walking around. A man explodes, with veins popping out and a great deal blood spurting from his face and mouth. A man holds two bloody eyes in his hands, a man pulls his own eyes out (blood is streaming down), a woman with empty eye sockets is seen many times and a child has open wounds and sores on his legs. A woman slits her wrists and she floats in bloody water. A man grabs another and throws him around, then stabs him and blood spews from the man's mouth. A man cuts another man in half and pins the top part of the body to the ceiling; we see the intestines in the bottom part. A fistfight in a pool of blood. Flashbacks (a few times) of what looks like torture: people tied down, threatened with knives, etc. Some explosions. Scuffles and shoving.
- About 27 F-words, a profane hand gesture, many scatological references, some mild obscenities, an anatomical reference.
- Outer space, aliens, the subconscious, hallucinations.
- We don't know everything about what's out there.
Be aware that while we do our best to avoid spoilers it is impossible to disguise all details and some may reveal crucial plot elements.
We've gone through several editorial changes since we started covering films in 1992 and older reviews are not as complete & accurate as recent ones; we plan to revisit and correct older reviews as resources and time permits.
Our ratings and reviews are based on the theatrically-released versions of films; on video there are often Unrated, Special, Director's Cut or Extended versions, (usually accurately labelled but sometimes mislabeled) released that contain additional content, which we did not review.
We are a totally independent website with no connections to political, religious or other groups & we neither solicit nor choose advertisers. You can help us keep our independence with a donation.
NO MORE ADS!
Become a member of our premium site for just $2/month & access advance reviews, without any ads, not a single one, ever. And you will be helping support our website & our efforts.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
We welcome suggestions & criticisms -- and we accept compliments too. While we read all emails & try to reply we don't always manage to do so; be assured that we will not share your e-mail address.
NO MORE ADS!
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
We welcome suggestions & criticisms -- and we will accept compliments too. While we read all emails & try to reply we do not always manage to do so; be assured that we will not share your e-mail address.