Down to You | 2000 | PG-13 | - 5.3.5
Playing students at a New York City university, Freddie Prinze Jr. and Julia Stiles fall madly in love with each other but find the relationship is difficult to maintain after the "honeymoon period." Also with Selma Blair, Shawn Hatosy, Rosario Dawson, Zak Orth, Ashton Kutcher, Henry Winkler, Lucie Arnaz, Julian Michael Caiazzo, Lauren Germainn and Zay Harding. [1:30]
- Lots of sexual innuendo (including references to acting in pornographic films) and lots of kissing, sometimes passionately (in one brief scene, we see a couple kissing passionately while lying on top of a kitchen table). In a montage of scenes and in several different scenes, a man and woman talk or kiss passionately in bed (it's implied that they have intercourse, but we never see anything); in a couple of scenes, they're obviously nude but covered by sheets (only bare shoulders and arms are visible). We hear two people presumably having intercourse, giggling and sighing behind a closed door. A woman pulls a man down on the floor with her (we only see them disappear behind a book shelf). In a comical scene, a man embraces and talks to a stuffed gorilla wearing a bra and panties. We briefly see a mild cover of a pornographic video tape and a mild cover of a pornographic magazine (no nudity is visible on either one). We see a couple dancing suggestively in the background of a scene, and in another scene men watch (and the camera focuses on) a woman dancing suggestively in a nightclub. Several women wear cleavage- and midriff-revealing tops.
- We see a wrecked car that has run into a tree; both the passenger and driver (who had been drinking) have a few bloody cuts on their faces. A man throws a lamp at a wall, two men briefly shove each other, a young girl is knocked down when hit in the back with a basketball and a man is seen passed out on the floor and later recovering in a hospital after drinking shampoo. We see a close-up of a man's nipple ring and he screams in pain as a woman touches it.
- One F-word, a profane finger gesture, a scatological reference, several mild obscenities and a couple of insults.
- Falling in love, exploring one's sexuality, college life, drinking, pregnancy scares, implied marijuana use, figuring out what you want to do with your life.
- If two people truly love each other, they'll find a way to make their relationship work.
Be aware that while we do our best to avoid spoilers it is impossible to disguise all details and some may reveal crucial plot elements.
We've gone through several editorial changes since we started covering films in 1992 and older reviews are not as complete & accurate as recent ones; we plan to revisit and correct older reviews as resources and time permits.
Our ratings and reviews are based on the theatrically-released versions of films; on video there are often Unrated, Special, Director's Cut or Extended versions, (usually accurately labelled but sometimes mislabeled) released that contain additional content, which we did not review.
We are a totally independent website with no connections to political, religious or other groups & we neither solicit nor choose advertisers. You can help us keep our independence with a donation.
NO MORE ADS!
Become a member of our premium site for just $1/month & access advance reviews, without any ads, not a single one, ever. And you will be helping support our website & our efforts.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
We welcome suggestions & criticisms -- and we accept compliments too. While we read all emails & try to reply we don't always manage to do so; be assured that we will not share your e-mail address.
NO MORE ADS!
Become a member of our premium site for just $2/month & access advance reviews, without any ads, not a single one, ever. And you will be helping support our website & our efforts.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
We welcome suggestions & criticisms -- and we will accept compliments too. While we read all emails & try to reply we do not always manage to do so; be assured that we will not share your e-mail address.