Disturbing Behavior | 1998 | R | - 5.7.7
Teenagers get the "Stepford Wives" treatment in this thriller. With James Marsden, Nick Stahl and Katie Holmes.
- A couple kiss and she performs oral sex on him; the camera focuses on his face. Sexual innuendo (including references to masturbation). A woman's bare breasts are seen and a man forcibly fondles a woman's clothed breast and then attempts to rape her.
- A few people are shot and a group of men are killed when their car lurches over a cliff. Also a man is hit by a car. There are several scuffles and fistfights including clobbering with chairs, kicks and punches, which leave various bloody wounds. A man breaks the neck of a woman and a man's nose ring is forcibly removed (off-screen, but we see the bloody result). A woman headbutts a mirror leaving a bloody wound. A woman goes after a man with a shard of glass and a woman bashes a man in the head with a metal bar; we see a puddle of blood. The beginning of a surgical procedure is shown with a needle getting very close to a man's eye. We also see a bloody eye.
- A couple of dozen F-words, a profane hand gesture, about 20 scatological terms, about 6 anatomical and sexual references, several derogatory references to women, several mild obscenities and insults.
- High-school cliques, identity and individuality, free will, suicide.
- Individuality is more important than perfect behavior.
Be aware that while we do our best to avoid spoilers it is impossible to disguise all details and some may reveal crucial plot elements.
We've gone through several editorial changes since we started covering films in 1992 and older reviews are not as complete & accurate as recent ones; we plan to revisit and correct older reviews as resources and time permits.
Our ratings and reviews are based on the theatrically-released versions of films; on video there are often Unrated, Special, Director's Cut or Extended versions, (usually accurately labelled but sometimes mislabeled) released that contain additional content, which we did not review.
We are a totally independent website with no connections to political, religious or other groups & we neither solicit nor choose advertisers. You can help us keep our independence with a donation.
NO MORE ADS!
Become a member of our premium site for just $1/month & access advance reviews, without any ads, not a single one, ever. And you will be helping support our website & our efforts.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
We welcome suggestions & criticisms -- and we accept compliments too. While we read all emails & try to reply we don't always manage to do so; be assured that we will not share your e-mail address.
NO MORE ADS!
Become a member of our premium site for just $2/month & access advance reviews, without any ads, not a single one, ever. And you will be helping support our website & our efforts.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
We welcome suggestions & criticisms -- and we will accept compliments too. While we read all emails & try to reply we do not always manage to do so; be assured that we will not share your e-mail address.