Crossover | 2006 | PG-13 | - 5.3.5
The hopes and dreams of two young friends trying to make a place for themselves and find happiness in Detroit are played out: Both are talented basketball players, and while one is determined to become a doctor using a basketball scholarship, the other is less ambitious. With Anthony Mackie, Shelli Boone, Wayne Brady, Alecia Jai Fears and Michael Kimbrew. Directed by Preston Whitmore. [1:35]
- Men and women dance together in several club scenes, with very suggestive movements. Cheerleaders wear skimpy outfits that reveal cleavage, bare abdomens and bare thighs while they dance with some very suggestive hip movements.
► A man and a woman kiss while lying on a sofa (she straddles him wearing bra and panties). We see a man and a woman in bed kissing, and it is suggested that they end up having sex. A man and a woman kiss while in a swimming pool; another man and a woman kiss while sitting on the side of a pool (they lie back on the patio and continue kissing). A man and a woman dance close together and kiss.
► A man and a woman take off their clothes and jump into a swimming pool (we see her in bra and panties and see him in boxer shorts). Three women wear skimpy bikinis. A man is shown bare-chested with a towel around his waist after showering. A woman's lower back is visible, while she gets a tattoo. Women wear outfits that reveal cleavage, bare abdomens and bare shoulders in many scenes throughout the movie.
► A woman tells a man that she is pregnant. A man talks about wanting "to do some things" to a woman.
► A man and a woman hug. A man throws a kiss to a woman.
- A man rides a motorcycle fast, through busy streets, crashes into a car, flips off the motorcycle and into the air, and lands hard on the street where he lies motionless.
► We see a man in a hospital bed with bruises and scrapes on his face after an accident, and we hear that there was damage done to his lung.
► A man punches another man in the face. A woman slaps a man in the face. A man pushes another man to the ground.
► A man grabs a woman, shakes her and yells at her. A man grabs a woman by the arm and forces her to go with him while he yells at her. Two men threaten a man and a young man, the man throws money into the air to create a commotion and he and the young man run away.
► Men shove each other on the basketball court in several scenes (no one is seriously injured).
► Men mock each other and make insulting remarks toward each other in several scenes. A man makes a crude remark to another man about having to have a bowel movement.
- 1 F-word, 6 scatological terms, 4 anatomical terms, 10 mild obscenities, 1 derogatory term for African-Americans, name-calling (sucker, crazy, sick, stupid, thug), 2 religious exclamations.
- People drink alcohol in several nightclub scenes, and a man drinks several beers. A woman smokes a cigarette, a man smokes a cigarette and a man smokes a cigar.
- Underground basketball, street basketball, goals, rules, dreams, prison time, assault, disappointment, larceny, grief, jealousy, ambition, opportunity, passion, character, self-pity, greed, responsibility, taking advantage of people, gambling, love, broken hearts, teamwork, unplanned pregnancy.
- Great minds think for themselves.
Be aware that while we do our best to avoid spoilers it is impossible to disguise all details and some may reveal crucial plot elements.
We've gone through several editorial changes since we started covering films in 1992 and older reviews are not as complete & accurate as recent ones; we plan to revisit and correct older reviews as resources and time permits.
Our ratings and reviews are based on the theatrically-released versions of films; on video there are often Unrated, Special, Director's Cut or Extended versions, (usually accurately labelled but sometimes mislabeled) released that contain additional content, which we did not review.
We are a totally independent website with no connections to political, religious or other groups & we neither solicit nor choose advertisers. You can help us keep our independence with a donation.
NO MORE ADS!
Become a member of our premium site for just $1/month & access advance reviews, without any ads, not a single one, ever. And you will be helping support our website & our efforts.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
We welcome suggestions & criticisms -- and we accept compliments too. While we read all emails & try to reply we don't always manage to do so; be assured that we will not share your e-mail address.
NO MORE ADS!
Become a member of our premium site for just $2/month & access advance reviews, without any ads, not a single one, ever. And you will be helping support our website & our efforts.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
We welcome suggestions & criticisms -- and we will accept compliments too. While we read all emails & try to reply we do not always manage to do so; be assured that we will not share your e-mail address.