Town & Country | 2001 | R | - 7.2.6
Two long-time married couples who are also best friends struggle with infidelities and secrets in this comedy. With Warren Beatty, Diane Keaton, Goldie Hawn, Garry Shandling, Andie MacDowell, Jenna Elfman, Nastassja Kinski, Josh Hartnett and Charlton Heston. [1:46]
- Lots of sexual innuendo. We see a man's bare legs with his pants at his ankles and a woman's bare back and the side of her bare legs and buttocks as she thrusts on top of him briefly (they also kiss passionately and moan loudly); they scramble to put their pants back on when they realize someone is about to discover them. A couple kiss passionately and we see the woman's dress fall down, revealing her bare back, then we see her taking off her dress and then her bra; at that point we realize she is a man. A woman in a cleavage-revealing nightgown gets in bed with a man and starts kissing him passionately, then we see her bare back as she's on top of him; afterwards we see them lying in bed together. A clothed man briefly lies on top of a clothed woman on a bed and kisses her passionately (they are interrupted by someone). A woman lies on top of a man in a bear costume with her face near his crotch, and it's implied she wants to perform fellatio (she says she's looking for a hole in his costume). We see a nude-but-sheet-covered man and woman lying in bed, obviously post-coitus; in another post-coitus scene, a bare-chested man sits in bed and watches a nude woman play a cello (all of her bare back and most of her bare legs are visible). A man and woman lying in bed together move stuffed animals as if they were having intercourse, and they also make exaggerated moaning noises. A man hears loud moaning as he walks past his two grown children's bedrooms (both are with their respective partners). We see a bare-chested man, a man in tiny underwear, and several women in cleavage-revealing tops. We glimpse a woman's underwear when she's pulled up from the ground after being knocked down by dogs.
- Played for laughs: a man falls off a roof (he has dirt on his face and shirt when he gets up), a man accidentally bumps another off a loft bed, a woman in a golf cart nearly runs over a man, a woman in a motorized wheel chair crashes into several things, a man hits another in the buttocks with a golf ball, two men briefly push each other, a man lightly punches another in the stomach, a man who enters a crowded room with a rifle is knocked to the floor by security guards, two dogs knock a woman to the ground, a man shoots a costume head (we see a large hole in the top of it), a woman mentions her boyfriend was eaten by cannibals, and an explosion is heard and it's implied a man has blown up a house (before we hear the noise, we see a man pouring gasoline on its front porch and then lighting a match).
- 6 F-words, many anatomical references and crude slang terms, several mild obscenities, a religious profanity and an insult.
- Infidelity, divorce, cross-dressing, homosexuality, dishonesty, betrayal, dysfunctional families, ethnic stereotypes.
- Infidelity may be easy, but it's not fulfilling.
Be aware that while we do our best to avoid spoilers it is impossible to disguise all details and some may reveal crucial plot elements.
We've gone through several editorial changes since we started covering films in 1992 and older reviews are not as complete & accurate as recent ones; we plan to revisit and correct older reviews as resources and time permits.
Our ratings and reviews are based on the theatrically-released versions of films; on video there are often Unrated, Special, Director's Cut or Extended versions, (usually accurately labelled but sometimes mislabeled) released that contain additional content, which we did not review.
NO MORE ADS!
Become a member of our premium site for just $1/month & access advance reviews, without any ads, not a single one, ever. And you will be helping support our website & our efforts.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
We welcome suggestions & criticisms -- and we accept compliments too. While we read all emails & try to reply we don't always manage to do so; be assured that we will not share your e-mail address.
NO MORE ADS!
Become a member of our premium site for just $2/month & access advance reviews, without any ads, not a single one, ever. And you will be helping support our website & our efforts.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
We welcome suggestions & criticisms -- and we will accept compliments too. While we read all emails & try to reply we do not always manage to do so; be assured that we will not share your e-mail address.