22 Jump Street | 2014 | R | - 5.5.10
In this sequel, the pair of unaccomplished police officers (Jonah Hill and Channing Tatum) are sent on another undercover assignment: this time they go to college to break up a designer drug ring. Also with Peter Stormare, Wyatt Russell, Amber Stevens, Jillian Bell, Ice Cube, The Lucas Brothers, Nick Offerman and Jimmy Tatro. Directed by Phil Lord and Christopher Miller. [1:52]
- A woman asks a man to join her in her dorm room; he does and we see them sleeping the next morning (she is wearing a T-shirt and panties and he is wearing a T-shirt and boxers and sex is implied). A man kisses a woman on the beach after using her in a fight (please see the Violence/Gore category for more details).
► Two police officers arrest a man and one thrusts toward him as he lies on the ground in handcuffs. A man and a woman fight punching each other in the face several times (no blood is shown) then accuse each other of trying to lean in for a kiss. A man dangling from a helicopter in mid-air reaches up the shorts leg of another man while looking for a grenade and the man complains that he is grabbing his genitals.
► A man and a woman talk about having had sex and whether or not they will again. A woman talks to her roommate and the man who spent the night with her and makes comments about "thrusting" and "pumping" and that he is the "loudest climaxer." A man makes several allusions to having sex with another man in prison. A man lies on a mattress in a dorm room and another man says that there is semen on it. A man talks about his "human sexuality" class and wonders if they will be watching others having sex or if they will be having sex themselves. A man makes reference to libraries being places where people hide in the stacks and have sex. A man makes a remark about the Eiffel Tower being made of sex aids. A man says that he is having sex with two of his students (he then points them out in the class). A man and a woman look at a sculpture and talk about the fact that it looks like testicles. A man holds a beer bottle toward his crotch suggesting that he uses his genitals to open it but we do not see the act. Two men talk about separating as if they are in a romantic relationship and they are going to date other people. A man says, "I'm having sex with a human woman." A man brags to his colleagues about having had sex with a woman. A man finds a sex aid in a woman's room and throws it at another man. We see an inflatable sex doll being batted around in a crowded beach. Two men argue in a counselor's office as if they are in couples counseling. A man talks about two men having shot his penis off and tells them that "They gave me a vagina" before asking if they want to see it (they decline the offer).
► A woman on stage recites a poem that includes a line about her "brown nipple will produce white milk." We see three line drawings of male genitals. Two men make sexual gestures. A woman makes a sexual gesture with her hand.
► Many men and women are shown in beach scenes wearing bikinis and swim trunks that reveal cleavage, bare abdomens, bare backs and legs. Two men in a co-ed dorm bathroom speak to a young woman wearing a towel as she brushes her teeth (cleavage and bare shoulders are shown). A man takes off his shirt and we see his bare chest, abdomen and back.
the review continues below...
- A gunfight breaks out between two men in the back of truck that begins moving and other men who get in cars and pursue them: the truck crashes through a parked car and the car explodes, wild animals inside the truck run and fly around the two men inside until the two men climb out of the truck and along the roof; one man falls over the side with his leg caught in a tether that is wrapped around the other man's leg also and as one man breaks the windshield of the truck cab and grabs the passenger inside by the throat, the other man crashes into a girder and both men are pulled off the truck and are shown dangling from the girder (no injuries are evident). A man is shot in the shoulder (we see the bloody wound) and another man is shot twice (blood spurts). A man throws a butcher knife that stabs another man in the chest (we see blood on the man's chest and presumably he dies).
► Several men and a woman hold guns on two men, other men enter the room holding guns and then more men with guns come in and open fire: we see a couple of people being struck and they fall to the ground (no blood is evident), as others run away, the woman shoots one of the men in the foot (we see a bloody bullet hole), one man chases another man through traffic while another man chases a woman who shoots at him and then tackles him and they fight punching each other in the face several times (no blood is shown) and then accuse each other of trying to lean in for a kiss; they continue fighting and he pushes her back onto a bed where she yells at him for trying to have sex with her (he is not). A man fights with two men on a beach and picks a bystander up flipping her through the air so that she kicks the men several times. A man shoots at another man who ducks and the bullet ricochets back to graze the shooter in the arm (we see a bit of blood).
► Two men jump onto the rungs of a helicopter in mid-air, then throw a grenade inside the helicopter and drop into the ocean below as it explodes and plunges into the water presumably killing the occupants. We see photos of a dead woman on the ground with blood pooled around her head as we hear that she fell off a roof. A wounded man climbs out of the ocean and we see that he has bloody cut son his head and face.
► Three men hold guns on two other men who run away while being shot at; the two unarmed men drive away in golf cart-type vehicle and are chased by the other men who drive a Hummer and continue to shoot at them; they drive around a college campus and the larger vehicle crashes into and through many things (sculptures, a kiosk, etc.) destroying them and eventually the golf cart crashes into a goal post and explodes (the occupants jump out unharmed). A man shoots a taser at another man's genitals and we see the victim holding an ice pack tot his crotch later. A man pulls a knife and holds it to another man's throat (no blood is shown). We see blood on a man who has been shot in the shoulder. A man threatens another man after he finds out that he had sex with his daughter. A man wearing a football helmet head-butts another man. A woman holds a gun to a man's head and another man with a gun threatens to shoot her; another woman hits the gun woman in the head and she falls to the floor.
► Several men throw bags over the heads of two other men and push them into the trunk of a car, they drive them somewhere, and when the hoods are removed we see two men with guns yelling at the abducted men; the gunmen squirt vodka out of the guns and they all laugh. A football player runs into a goal post repeatedly before knocking himself out and falling to the ground. There are several football sequences where there are hard tackles and players are slammed to the ground (no injuries are shown). Two men climb the side of a building and stand on a balcony. Two men under the influence of a drug run fast and one climbs the side of a building before climbing in through a window and planting remote cameras.
► A man yells and throws food off a buffet and other people act frightened. A police officer throws a stone at a boy who tells him that he should not be throwing stones into a pond. A man tosses a hand gun into the air several times and catches it.
► A man talks to another man about having taken a bullet for him. A man talks about two men having shot his penis off and tells them that "They gave me a vagina" before asking if they want to see it (they decline the offer). A comment is made about two men sharing a brain and that they "each have half a brain." A man talks about another man being black and that he has been through a lot. Two men argue in a counselor's office. A man's character in a video game says, "Don't shoot my [anatomical term deleted]" and we see two young boys shooting at several phalluses.
► A man opens a crate and a huge octopus jumps out and attaches itself to the man's face; the animal sprays the man with ink and continues to squeeze his face, but is eventually removed and we see it slither away on the floor (the man is shown later with sucker marks on his neck).
► A man uses a Q-tip to clean his ears and then knocks into another man causing him to drop his sandwich and we see the dirty Q-tip stuck in the sandwich as the two bump heads a few times when they bend over to pick it up; there is a conversation about the fact and the man offers the sandwich to others who decline the offer.
► A man vomits on a man's face (we see the vomit splatter on him). A man says the he is going to "throw the [F-word deleted] up." A man says, after drinking several shots of alcohol, that "I'm gonna throw up."
the review continues below...
- At least 148 F-words and its derivatives, 2 obscene hand gestures, 14 sexual references, two men make sexual gestures, a woman makes a sexual gesture with her hand, 68 scatological terms (one spelled SH*T), 23 anatomical terms, 18 mild obscenities, 4 derogatory terms for gay people, name-calling (ladies [addressed to two men], racist, sacrilegious, sack of [scatological term deleted], dumb, dumbest, selfish, clingy, cracker, narcs, stupid, screw up, pudding, old people drugs), exclamations (shut-up), 3 religious profanities (GD), 12 religious exclamations (e.g. God, Jesus, Oh My God, Thank God, Holy [scatological term deleted], Amen About That, Jesus Christ).
the review continues below...
- A man talks about the price of cocaine, people talk about a designer drug and its effects, many young men and young women are shown buying drugs on a beach, a man talks about finding a lot of pills, a man talks about drug induced paranoia, and two men eat cookies that are laced with a drug and act under the influence as one talks about "tripping." Several people (presumably under age) drink wine, several fraternity parties show many people drinking large quantities of alcohol, two men drink shots of liquor and are then told to put their heads in buckets filled with beer, a man opens beer bottles with his eyelids and his ear and he holds one bottle toward his crotch suggesting that he uses his genitals but we do not see the act, a man holds up a T-shirt with a phrase about beer pong on it, after having sex with a man a woman tells him that she is not sure she likes him when she is sober, two gunmen squirt vodka out of the guns they are holding and one squirts it into his own mouth, several men drink beer in a fraternity house, many young men and young women are shown drinking alcohol in a few beach (Spring Break) scenes, people drink wine at a restaurant, and after drinking several shots of alcohol a man says that "I'm gonna throw up."
the review continues below...
- Mexican drug cartels, designer drugs, undercover police work, dreams, racism, discrimination.
- Good relationships require effort.
Be aware that while we do our best to avoid spoilers it is impossible to disguise all details and some may reveal crucial plot elements.
We've gone through several editorial changes since we started covering films in 1992 and older reviews are not as complete & accurate as recent ones; we plan to revisit and correct older reviews as resources and time permits.
Our ratings and reviews are based on the theatrically-released versions of films; on video there are often Unrated, Special, Director's Cut or Extended versions, (usually accurately labelled but sometimes mislabeled) released that contain additional content, which we did not review.
We are a totally independent website with no connections to political, religious or other groups & we neither solicit nor choose advertisers. You can help us keep our independence with a donation.
NO MORE ADS!
Become a member of our premium site for just $2/month & access advance reviews, without any ads, not a single one, ever. And you will be helping support our website & our efforts.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
We welcome suggestions & criticisms -- and we accept compliments too. While we read all emails & try to reply we don't always manage to do so; be assured that we will not share your e-mail address.
NO MORE ADS!
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
We welcome suggestions & criticisms -- and we will accept compliments too. While we read all emails & try to reply we do not always manage to do so; be assured that we will not share your e-mail address.