South Park: Bigger, Longer and Uncut | 1999 | R | - 7.6.10
Mayhem, war and death erupt after the South Park kids start using the language they hear in a movie and their parents try to censor it. With the voices of Mary Kay Bergman, George Clooney, Minnie Driver, Isaac Hayes, Eric Idle, Mike Judge, Trey Parker and Matt Stone. [1:20]
- Lots of sexual innuendo (including references to masturbation, bestiality, incest and homosexuality). We hear moaning while boys watch a sex video on the computer (we briefly see an animated man and woman having sex and a woman preparing to perform fellatio). An animated couple are shown in bed together, (presumably post-coitus), an animated woman -- seen from the torso up -- shoots ping pong balls at a male audience from between her spread knees and a couple of times an animated character makes hand motions under covers, implying masturbation. We see animated full frontal male nudity, an animated mound that is supposed to be a clitoris, animated bare breasts (seen a couple of times), animated bare male buttocks and bikini clad men; also, we see two photos of real male penises and a picture of man standing behind a horse, supposedly having intercourse with it.
- All scenes are animated: A heart explodes and we see some blood on an open chest and ribcage; we also see lots of blood in an emergency room where organs are pulled out of a character. War scenes with machine gun fire, explosions, stabbing and attacking with chainsaws; we see puddles of blood, body parts flying and bloody corpses. A few characters are shot with blood on their heads and bodies; a character dies with a bloody face and mouth and we see blood on torture victims' heads and bodies. Two people are shocked in electric chairs and another is shocked every time he curses. A character is scorched and impaled (with intestines showing), teeth are pulled out of someone's mouth (some blood is visible), a character is tied over a fiery pit with chains and a person throws himself out of a window and hits a car (we see some blood). A baby is kicked through window, a boy is hit over the head with a chair, a person is broken in half over someone's knee and a face is slapped. Hell is depicted in a few scenes with fiery demons and skeletons. Two kids light their flatulence and burn themselves (one dies), the force of someone's flatulence knocks a person into a drum set, animals urinate on snow and there are several scenes of vomiting and passing gas.
- More than 100+ F-words, many scatological and anatomical references, many mild obscenities and many racial slurs.
- Censorship, war, intolerance, profanity.
- Intolerance and censorship are evil.
Be aware that while we do our best to avoid spoilers it is impossible to disguise all details and some may reveal crucial plot elements.
We've gone through several editorial changes since we started covering films in 1992 and older reviews are not as complete & accurate as recent ones; we plan to revisit and correct older reviews as resources and time permits.
Our ratings and reviews are based on the theatrically-released versions of films; on video there are often Unrated, Special, Director's Cut or Extended versions, (usually accurately labelled but sometimes mislabeled) released that contain additional content, which we did not review.
We are a totally independent website with no connections to political, religious or other groups & we neither solicit nor choose advertisers. You can help us keep our independence with a donation.
NO MORE ADS!
Become a member of our premium site for just $1/month & access advance reviews, without any ads, not a single one, ever. And you will be helping support our website & our efforts.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
We welcome suggestions & criticisms -- and we accept compliments too. While we read all emails & try to reply we don't always manage to do so; be assured that we will not share your e-mail address.
NO MORE ADS!
Become a member of our premium site for just $2/month & access advance reviews, without any ads, not a single one, ever. And you will be helping support our website & our efforts.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
We welcome suggestions & criticisms -- and we will accept compliments too. While we read all emails & try to reply we do not always manage to do so; be assured that we will not share your e-mail address.