Mamma Mia! Here We Go Again | 2018 | PG-13 | - 4.2.1
A decade after Mamma Mia!, we are revisiting the idyllic Greek island with the young woman (Amanda Seyfried) whose quest was to find her real father. Now pregnant, she is also trying to reopen her mother's (Meryl Streep) boutique hotel and she encounters chaos, uncertainty and several surprises. With Lily James, Dominic Cooper, Pierce Brosnan, Stellan Skarsgård, Christine Baranski, Colin Firth, Cher, Jeremy Irvine, Andy Garcia, Josh Dylan, Hugh Skinner, Jessica Keenan Wynn and Alexa Davies. Directed by Ol Parker. A line of dialogue is spoken in Greek without subtitles or translation. [1:54]
- A bare-chested man (we see his bare chest, shoulders and abdomen) lies in bed and a woman wearing a sweater (we see her bare legs to the upper thighs) jumps into bed with him and they kiss (sex is implied). A man and a woman hold hands, hold each other and kiss tenderly (sex is implied). A man and a woman lie in bed together (after apparently having had sex, which was not shown) and the man asks the woman how it was (we see the woman's bare shoulders and the man is seen wearing a T-shirt). A woman sits on a bed next to a sleeping man (he's bare-chested) and it is implied that they have had sex.
► A man and a woman kiss passionately on a street. A man and a woman hug and kiss after she jumps into his arms. A man and a woman kiss.
► Three women sing a song with lyrics that include, "I kissed the teacher" as they dance around their professors (male and female), sit on their laps and kiss them. A woman makes a suggestive remark about a man as he kisses her hand. A man kisses a woman on the hand as a greeting. A man flirts with a woman, puts his hand on her shoulder, tries to kiss her and puts his hand on her thigh as she pulls away from each attempt. Two masseurs rub the shoulders of two women.
► A man explains that he would like to spend the night with a woman that he has just met and that she would be his first. A man and a woman flirt as they walk and the man makes a comment about holding the woman's hand. A woman holds a man around the waist as they ride on a motorcycle. A singer dances and thrusts his hips suggestively while on stage. A woman sings a romantic song and dances on stage in a taverna. A woman tells another woman, "Do everything I would do" as the woman leaves with a man. A woman tells a man, "I visually enjoy you." A woman accuses a man of having pants that are "A raging wildfire." A woman says that she doesn't usually sleep with men after they have just met (but she ends up sleeping with three men separately just after meeting them).
► A man remarks about another man's appearance and says that his age becomes him (in a flirtatious manner). A man sings a song suggesting that he will wait for another man to come back (implying a romantic interest). Two women look at two men (masseuses) in a massage room with interest.
► A man wearing a robe explains to a woman that he has locked himself out of his room and needs a spare key (we see a bit of his bare chest). Two men wearing tank tops (we see their bare shoulders and upper chests) are shown a couple of times in a massage room as they stand over tables. A woman wears a halter top that reveals cleavage, bare back and abdomen in a few scenes. Several women wear tight-fitting pants that accentuate their hips and buttocks in several scenes. A woman wears shorts with a bikini top in several scenes (we see her bare shoulders, cleavage, abdomen, back and legs to the upper thighs). A man is shown shirtless sleeping in bed with a clothed woman seated next to him (we see his bare chest, shoulders and abdomen). A man wears a short tailed shirt that reveals part of his bare abdomen. Three women wear low-cut tops that reveal cleavage while they sing and dance in a taverna. A man's shirt is unbuttoned to reveal part of his bare chest.
- A man jumps off a boat and tries to swim to shore calling for a woman; the woman jumps off a pier, swims to the man and when they meet they both go under water (it seems like they cannot swim) until another man jumps in the water to help them get to safety. A woman slides down a banister and the staircase collapses when she reaches the end (she is startled but unharmed). A huge storm blows over an island with loud thunder and flashing lightning that frightens a horse; the horse rears, breaks a beam it is tied to causing the ceiling to fall in and eventually a man and a woman calm the animal.
► A woman is pushed off a bar and lands in a man's arms. Three young women crowd surf at a commencement ceremony. A man, while dancing, uses baguettes as if they are swords and pretends to stab two men in the side. A man and a woman bump their heads together accidentally after dancing together (no injuries are seen). A woman falls out of a tree when reaching of an orange (she is OK) and she is chased by a goat. A man tied into a chair falls into the sea (we see him floating face up and is later seen uninjured).
► A man and a woman argue and the woman tells the man to leave, which he does. We hear that a woman died. A young woman complains about her mother not showing up for her graduation and later says that she is always late. A woman tells two other women about a man cheating on her. A woman says, "Men are pigs."
► Two women vomit separately into toilets and we hear gagging but we see no vomit. A woman drinks from a cocktail in a bar and spits the drink back into the glass. We see a woman in labor, pacing and holding her abdomen, and then grimacing as she delivers the baby (we see the baby wrapped in a blanket afterward).
- Three women drink wine, people drink wine with meals at a restaurant, a man and a woman drink shots of alcohol at a bar, a man and a woman drink beer in a taverna, a woman drinks a glass of wine and carries the bottle around with her, people drink wine and champagne in several group scenes, three women drink wine in a bar, a woman drinks a cocktail and another woman drinks a beer in a bar, and a man drinks ouzo in a restaurant.
- Estranged families, single parenting, following someone else's dream, death of a loved one, grief, mourning, true love, pain, the future, happiness, infidelity, honesty, karma, bravery, life choices, disappointment.
- Do what makes you happy and fulfilled.
Be aware that while we do our best to avoid spoilers it is impossible to disguise all details and some may reveal crucial plot elements.
We've gone through several editorial changes since we started covering films in 1992 and older reviews are not as complete & accurate as recent ones; we plan to revisit and correct older reviews as resources and time permits.
Our ratings and reviews are based on the theatrically-released versions of films; on video there are often Unrated, Special, Director's Cut or Extended versions, (usually accurately labelled but sometimes mislabeled) released that contain additional content, which we did not review.
We are a totally independent website with no connections to political, religious or other groups & we neither solicit nor choose advertisers. You can help us keep our independence with a donation.
NO MORE ADS!
Become a member of our premium site for just $1/month & access advance reviews, without any ads, not a single one, ever. And you will be helping support our website & our efforts.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
We welcome suggestions & criticisms -- and we accept compliments too. While we read all emails & try to reply we don't always manage to do so; be assured that we will not share your e-mail address.
NO MORE ADS!
Become a member of our premium site for just $2/month & access advance reviews, without any ads, not a single one, ever. And you will be helping support our website & our efforts.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
We welcome suggestions & criticisms -- and we will accept compliments too. While we read all emails & try to reply we do not always manage to do so; be assured that we will not share your e-mail address.