Magic Mike XXL | 2015 | R | - 8.2.10
In this sequel, retired Magic Mike (Channing Tatum) returns to exotic dancing after three years to perform with the Kings of Tampa dancers at a stripper convention in Myrtle Beach. He finds that several relationships need healing along the way. Also with Matt Bomer, Joe Manganiello, Kevin Nash, Adam Rodriguez, Gabriel Iglesias, Jada Pinkett Smith, Andie McDowell, Elizabeth Banks and Amber Heard. Directed by Gregory Jacobs. [1:55]
- A man wears an apron with a pink penis and testicles on it in a show and the end of a food cart is painted with a bra and cotton candy pubic hair painted on it; the man removes his shirt and apron, pours syrup on the knees and shoulders of three women sitting on a bench, licks it off, and picks up two whipped cream canisters and with his back to the audience he sprays whipped cream on the women (simulating ejaculation) and the audience cheers; he lies across the three women's laps and laughs as a woman holds up a penis-shaped lollipop.
► A man wearing a tuxedo in a show meets a woman playing a bride and wearing a long tunic and leggings and exchange short vows; he puts her on her back into a bondage frame with her ankles held above her head in chains and her wrists in loose restraint, then pulls of his jacket and shirt, he crawls, dances, writhes and pulls off his trousers to reveal tight briefs before simulating standing sex and oral sex with the woman, and he then straddles her middle and thrusts his groin in her face several times while the woman laughs and the spectators applaud and cheer. Two men dance in front of two women seated back to back in straight back chairs on a stage as each man pulls off his shirt (dressed in jeans), dances, shimmies, thrusts his groin toward one of the women's faces several times, picks a woman up upside down and dances with his head on her groin; each man lays a woman on the floor and pulls her around the slick surface, simulates sex from behind, and does a handstand to shake his hair across her groin area as she laughs, and then the men pull off their jeans to reveal thong underwear as the spectators applaud and the show ends. A woman wearing a miniskirt, torn hosiery and jacket that reveals cleavage sings and sucks on a microphone, then bends forward while two shirtless men simulate sex from behind with her and she calls men on stage to demonstrate drag queen dancing; one man pulls a feather boa through his legs and a few other men dance hip-hop or writhe and shimmy and a man jokingly says that there is a marshmallow in his pants. Male strippers perform lap dances for women seated in straight back chairs in several scenes and we see the men thrust their groins into the women's faces repeatedly, sit straddled across the woman and thrust several times again.
► A nude man at a swimming pool stands with his back to the camera (we see his bare back, buttocks and legs), he grabs a clothed man and jumps into the pool; several women are seen wearing skimpy bikinis and a dozen men are shirtless and wear knee-length shorts (cleavage, bare abdomens, bare chests and legs are seen). A man pulls down his shorts a few inches to show a phone number written in his hip joint in black Sharpie, and we see some hair stubble from the pubic area. Dozens of scenes show women wearing low-cut blouses and dresses that reveal moderate to significant cleavage, along with miniskirts or short dresses that reveal bare legs from ankles to the tops of the thighs. A backstage scene at a stripper's convention features teams of dancers that are shirtless, wearing jeans and hats, or partial firefighter uniforms, sailor pants, or mariachi jackets and sombreros. A few men wear knee-length shorts at a party and on a beach. Several men appear shirtless and we see bare chests, backs, arms and shoulders, abdomens and navels. A woman on stage wears a too-tight mini-dress that makes her bosom, stomach, and buttocks stick out and her legs are bare to the top of the thighs. A woman wears a knit top that reveals the outline of her nipples.
► A man enters a convenience store and writhes and dances to the piped-in music; he takes a bottle of water from a cooler, rubs it on his arms and neck, opens it and holds it to his groin, where it squirts as he thrusts, he pours the rest over his head, removes his shirt and writhes on the floor in front of the counter as a female clerk smiles and half a dozen men outside cheer. A man dressed in a hat, shirt, suspenders and trousers, dances and sings for a female audience, puts his hand into his trousers briefly, pulls off his shirt, and writhes as he dances; falling to his knees, he bends backwards as women rub his chest and throw money. Male strippers begin a show shirtless, wearing tight jeans and revealing bare chests, backs, shoulders, arms and abdomens; after several writhing and shimmying dances, they pull of their jeans to reveal thongs in which penises are clearly outlined and bounce as they turn their backs to the camera and we see their full back nudity as the spectators applaud. A man strips his clothing to a tight pair of briefs that reveal a bulge in the groin and he writhes and dances as he puts a clothed woman on a massage table and squirts oil on himself and her arms and dress; he pulls her around on the table as he dances and her dress rises to the top of her thighs while women in a standing audience throw dollar bills at him and another man enters the room and strips to his jeans, writhes and dances as women throw currency at him and he takes a woman's hand and places it on his groin, then shimmies and the women applaud and whoop; another man enters the room and does a dance with back flips, then rubs his head against women's chests and groins, picks a woman up from a chair, dances, sits her down, does a headstand between her legs on the chair (she is wearing trousers) and repeatedly thrusts his groin at her face, then puts his hand down his trousers front briefly as women throw a large amount of money at him and he bends two women over at the waist, back-to-back, writhes and thrusts between them, then lies down on their backs.
► A man with a large paintbrush tickles a woman in a show, removes his cape and his shirt, pulls off breakaway trousers, and performs bodybuilder poses as the audience applauds. A shirtless man writhes and flexes chest and abdominal muscles. A man in a workshop grinds a length of metal holding it from his crotch into a spinning stone wheel, suggestive of an erect penis; he dances in bibbed coveralls, shirtless, and holds a drill to his crotch as he drills some wood.
► A woman rubs her body against a man and kisses him. Three men kiss a woman hello. At a strip show a woman hugs a man and kisses him. At a convention two women embrace, sway, stare into each other's eyes, and nearly kiss, as men stare at them. A man is shown with his hand on his girlfriend's knee.
► A man stands up from a chair and a woman unzips his vest; the camera cuts to the next morning, as the man and the woman (wearing a robe) enter the kitchen (sex is implied).
► A woman takes a picture at night of a man's back as he urinates on a tree and we hear a stream but see no flesh (his back is to the camera and he is clothed); he jokingly says that he will whip out his penis and pee on "whatever" in order to make money.
► We hear that people have drag queen names like Clitoria Labia and Dolly Titz. A woman tells a male friend that a photographer offered her a job, but found out he wanted sex instead and declined. A man says condoms should be packaged with mints and called Condomints, but a woman shows him the product already exists in a photo on her cell phone (the photo is in a long shot and blurred). A woman states that she lost her virginity at age 17, married the man, had two daughters, and discovered her husband was gay (they are divorcing). At a strip show, the female MC says that women not on birth control should leave, because grown-woman things are going to happen.
the review continues below...
- A woman wearing a bikini and motorcycle helmet runs around the side of a motel pool and head-butts large men in the stomach, not harming them. A woman in a hotel room jumps up and down in a bed and head-butts a man in the stomach (no harm done). A team of male dancers argues loudly about what dances and costumes to wear and about who is in charge; one man punches another man in the stomach and the second man shouts, groans, and holds his stomach as he bends over in pain. A man argues with a woman several times. Strip show scenes show a lot of extremely loud cheering and shouting.
► A man driving a food truck closes his eyes as he and a group of men in the back say a prayer and he drives through a road sign, off the road, and into a tree; the camera cuts to a hospital bed and we hear that he had a concussion and needed stitches (we see a bandage on the top of his head as he lies in bed).
the review continues below...
- About 109 F-words and its derivatives, 8 sexual references, 44 scatological terms, 28 anatomical terms, 6 mild obscenities, name-calling (crazy, insane, idiot, dumb, stupid, dumb, fleabag, freak show, baby, hater, lame, powder keg racist, primates, pretty ones, devil, Mr. CEO, Alice [in Wonderland], Narcissus, smelly white Ken doll, Gandhi, Mr. Crocodile Dundee, Clitoria), stereotypical references to men, women, male strippers, the rich, divorced women, homosexuals, lesbians, club owners, drag queens, Southerners, Christians, African-Americans, Whites, Mexicans, New Age healers, exclamations (shut-up), 1 religious profanity (GD), 9 religious exclamations (e.g. Oh My God, Oh God, Yes Lord, Holy [scatological term deleted], I Swear To God, A Prayer In A Circle Of Men).
the review continues below...
- Three scenes show a man smoking a marijuana cigarette and one scene shows two men passing and smoking the same marijuana cigarette, a man in a food truck passes around a tin box of "mollies" drug tablets and each man in the truck swallows one, a man in a hospital bed says that he received a little something for pain, a man smudges the inside of a food truck with a short incense stick, and a man mixes and drinks muscle building protein drinks. Men and women drink from cups and bottles of beer at a pool party, drinks that contain long straws are seen on tables in a club scene, women drink from glasses of wine or tall cocktails in three club scenes, half a dozen men drink beer from bottles in a motel room, a man and a woman drink gin in her dressing room, men and women drink from beer bottles on a beach at night, men and women drink tall cocktails as well as short glasses of whiskey and glasses of wine in a bar, a dozen women and half a dozen men drink wine in a home, a man and a woman go to the basement of a home and bring up a large basket of wine bottles from a wall of bottles on shelves and the man pours wine into the glasses of men and woman, men at a kitchen table sit with beer bottles (no one drinks), and at a carnival half a dozen men hold beer bottles (they are not shown drinking from them). A woman smokes a cigarette on the beach at night, and a man and a woman smoke cigarettes outside.
the review continues below...
- Male strippers, the sex entertainment industry, relationships, friendship, loneliness, disappointment, divorce, fidelity, self-esteem, loyalty, forgiveness, risk taking, owning a business.
- Male strippers make women smile by giving them attention other men withhold.
Be aware that while we do our best to avoid spoilers it is impossible to disguise all details and some may reveal crucial plot elements.
We've gone through several editorial changes since we started covering films in 1992 and older reviews are not as complete & accurate as recent ones; we plan to revisit and correct older reviews as resources and time permits.
Our ratings and reviews are based on the theatrically-released versions of films; on video there are often Unrated, Special, Director's Cut or Extended versions, (usually accurately labelled but sometimes mislabeled) released that contain additional content, which we did not review.
We are a totally independent website with no connections to political, religious or other groups & we neither solicit nor choose advertisers. You can help us keep our independence with a donation.
NO MORE ADS!
Become a member of our premium site for just $2/month & access advance reviews, without any ads, not a single one, ever. And you will be helping support our website & our efforts.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
We welcome suggestions & criticisms -- and we accept compliments too. While we read all emails & try to reply we don't always manage to do so; be assured that we will not share your e-mail address.
NO MORE ADS!
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
We welcome suggestions & criticisms -- and we will accept compliments too. While we read all emails & try to reply we do not always manage to do so; be assured that we will not share your e-mail address.