Boo! A Madea Halloween | 2016 | PG-13 | - 4.5.5
In this sequel Madea (Tyler Perry) spends Halloween keeping track of her teenage granddaughter (Diamond White) and a nearby fraternity that is going overboard with Halloween activities. Madea and her friends become embroiled in chaos when she confronts fraternity brothers, zombies and killer clowns after her granddaughter sneaks out of the house. Also with Bella Thorne, Cassi Davis, Patrice Lovely, Andre Hall and Yousef Erakat. Directed by Tyler Perry. A few lines of dialogue are in Spanish and Chinese with no translation or subtitles. [1:43]
- A woman in profile opens her dress top for fraternity men to see her breasts (we cannot see her breasts) and the men look confused, reach into the dress to touch them, and then run away as one of the men begins to gag after saying the breasts are flabby (he does not vomit). A woman wearing a loose dress runs toward the camera (her breasts bounce from side to side). A woman's breasts bounce as she runs down a staircase. At a fraternity party, a man squeezes a woman's breasts and she punches him in the head. A woman picks up her clothed breasts in her hands and bounces them together once.
► Four young women (two of them are 17) dress provocatively for Halloween: A teen girl wears a tight scoop-neck leotard that reveals cleavage with tight-fitting tights, a teen girl wears a prostitute outfit that reveals cleavage and a skirt that ends at the top of her thighs, a teen girl wears a mini-dress that ends above mid-thigh and a teen girl wears a short French maid's outfit and later a midriff baring top that reveals some cleavage, with stretch pants. A few party scenes show women wearing low-cut blouses and dresses that reveal cleavage and bare abdomens (a few with navels showing), and a half-dozen blouses have cut-outs that reveal a lot of cleavage and bare backs; the women wear either tight pants that hug curves or short-shorts and short skirts that reveal bare legs to nearly the top of the thigh. A man is shown shirtless and we see his bare chest, arms and shoulders. A man wears a long toga, baring one shoulder and collar bone.
► A teenage girl wearing tights and a leotard twerks toward the camera for about two minutes during a fraternity party (we see cleavage showing in the scoop neckline and we see buttocks and breasts bounce) and a woman wearing frumpy clothing twerks for several seconds.
► In each of two fraternity bedrooms a young man sits with a teenage girl (all four people are clothed): the girls admit their age (17) and one of the men runs out of his room, screaming while the other young man rushes out and shouts about underage girls getting the fraternity shut down.
► A woman at a frat party says that she was a stripper. A man says that his wife is a dude and in another scene, tells her twice that she has prostate cancer. A transwoman licks her lips as she gazes at a conservatively dressed teen girl on a prison bus and speaks in a deep voice. A teen girl tells her divorced father that she knew all along about her mom having an affair. We see a text from a frat member to a teen girl to wear something sexy to a party.
- A woman walks into an attic and sees a killer clown with long sharp teeth: it approaches her twice and stands behind her, breathing heavily until she punches it, falls down two flights of stairs and lands on the living room floor (she is unhurt); she gets back up and sees the clown's face looking through the glass in the front door and another woman screams, the first woman turns around to see the clown right behind her and punches him three times, she and two other women jump into her car, they make sparks when they try to hot wire it and a man brings keys to them and they drive away. A woman dressed as a clown jumps from a large Jack-in-the-Box and another woman punches her, causing her to fall, but she is unharmed. Several angry, shouting fraternity members and their women guests pick up a woman, carry her out of the frat house, and throw her into a bush; she gets up unharmed, but rattled.
► A water faucet in a bathroom cannot be turned off and a sentence appears on the steam on the mirror: "Get your fat [anatomical term deleted] out of here or die," and a woman runs out of the room, panicking and gasping as lights flash on and off in other rooms of the house, a TV keeps turning itself on and off and an outline of an evil face with sharp teeth appears as a deep voice intones says, "Hattie! I'm Mr. Wilson" (a serial killer); the woman in the room panics and runs out, screaming and she falls (she gets up uninjured) and we hear several loud crashes off-screen.
► A young man finds a teen girl slumped in a corner in a basement with blood covering her throat and chest, and her eyes open, apparently dead (we learn later it is a prank). A car containing three women stalls, two of the women exit the car and lift the hood as several zombies are seen in shadows under trees about a block away (we can see the edges of rags and mussy hair in the shadows); the zombies chase three screaming women down the street with one zombie doing a set of somersaults as he runs. A teen girl tells four elderly people in her home that there are bodies kept in the attic and she uses a remote clicker to make the house lights flicker and flash on and off, causing the adults to scream and panic. A young man lies on the floor of a frat house inside the tape outline of a body that others put there for fun.
► A woman in church tries not to curse, putting a hand to her mouth as deep grumblings being to sound; she calls out, "Cussin' demons, I bind you," and tells a pastor that she will burn down a fraternity house, but he talks her out of it. Several loud arguments occur among three women and a man, between a father and his teen daughter, between a man and his aging mother, between a grandmother and her teen granddaughter, and between an old man and his wife. Police officers arrive at a fraternity house and shut down a party. A woman at her home with friends hears a very loud knock on the door and the four senior citizens scream. Three women and a man wake up a teen girl and pack her things to throw her out of the home; the man, her father, rebukes her for a poor attitude and disrespect until a police officer arrives and takes her away in handcuffs to help find a missing teenage girl she knows. Police officers take six young men and three teen girls away in handcuffs to a prison bus where a fist fight breaks out and prisoners scuffle with the young men and the girls; the bus shakes and some of the young men scream and cry out the open windows. A police officer rushes out of a frat house carrying a large baggy of marijuana and a woman and several young men run to cars and jump in, ready to drive away as the scene ends. A woman says that she and three other people all have arrest warrants pending; she adds that she is on the Terrorist Watch List. We hear that a young man had a concussion. We see an older woman walking with two canes in several scenes. A man says that he pushed his young son off a roof and a pencil in the boy's pocket pierced a testicle; the boy, now a man, covers his groin area with his hands. An older woman tells her adult son to always hit misbehaving teenagers with a hammer and to beat children; he replies that at age four, he was on life support because she beat him.
► A woman tells another woman, "You squirt pee when you're afraid" (we see no urine).
- 11 sexual references, 24 scatological terms, 38 anatomical terms, 159 mild obscenities, 2 derogatory terms for African-Americans, name-calling (crazy, fool, stupid, slow, lame, weird, clowns, preacher, devils, son, old people, buzzkill, hotshot, whores, broad, little white girl, Hos, Gran-Maw, Old Man River, Pop, Thor, Fabio, Tupak, Jew), exclamations (shut-up, be quiet, shut your mouth, stop talking), 25 religious exclamations (e.g. Help Me Jesus, Hallelujah, The Lord Will Bless It, Oh Lord, Yes Lord, Thank God, Praise Jesus, Jesus Is The Son Of God, Jesus, Jesus Says Lazarus Come On Up).
- A woman shows off a marijuana prescription card to several people (once to a policeman), a woman pulls a cigarette case out of her bra and takes a marijuana cigarette from it to give to a man (the man has no lighter), a woman sways and giggles and a friend tells her that she is high, a woman says that she is high, and a woman smokes a marijuana cigarette in a bathroom. A man asks his son where the liquor is in is home (no liquor is seen), a fraternity party features four empty liquor bottles and two full bottles of champagne on a table, a man pours some champagne into a plastic cup and drinks it, a man holds a beer bottle, and a man drinks something from a red cup (red cups being a symbol for alcohol at parties). A woman tries to light a cigarette at home and at church (she puts the cigarette away each time).
- Halloween and alternative celebrations, fraternity pranks, fear, superstition, parenting, discipline, protecting children from danger, divorce, coming of age, relationships, families, respect, obedience, conflict, reconciliation.
- Halloween festivities can be dangerous.
Be aware that while we do our best to avoid spoilers it is impossible to disguise all details and some may reveal crucial plot elements.
We've gone through several editorial changes since we started covering films in 1992 and older reviews are not as complete & accurate as recent ones; we plan to revisit and correct older reviews as resources and time permits.
Our ratings and reviews are based on the theatrically-released versions of films; on video there are often Unrated, Special, Director's Cut or Extended versions, (usually accurately labelled but sometimes mislabeled) released that contain additional content, which we did not review.
We are a totally independent website with no connections to political, religious or other groups & we neither solicit nor choose advertisers. You can help us keep our independence with a donation.
NO MORE ADS!
Become a member of our premium site for just $1/month & access advance reviews, without any ads, not a single one, ever. And you will be helping support our website & our efforts.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
We welcome suggestions & criticisms -- and we accept compliments too. While we read all emails & try to reply we don't always manage to do so; be assured that we will not share your e-mail address.
NO MORE ADS!
Become a member of our premium site for just $2/month & access advance reviews, without any ads, not a single one, ever. And you will be helping support our website & our efforts.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
We welcome suggestions & criticisms -- and we will accept compliments too. While we read all emails & try to reply we do not always manage to do so; be assured that we will not share your e-mail address.