Trainwreck | 2015 | R | - 7.4.10
A woman (Amy Schumer) lives by her father's credo that monogamy does not work and she drinks heavily and sleeps with dozens of random men, but becomes bored. For a magazine article she is writing, she interviews a doctor (Bill Hader) and becomes more involved with him than she'd like. Also with John Cena, Brie Larson, LeBron James, Tilda Swinton and Collin Quinn. Directed by Judd Apatow. [2:04]
- A man is shown fully nude (front and back) except for a hand towel hanging over his crotch as he stands in a bathroom; in the bedroom, he has intercourse with a woman while lying between her bent legs (she is shown wearing a long tank top that covers her buttocks and reveals slight cleavage), she asks him to talk dirty to her and he asks her if she has to go to the bathroom in Chinese and then repeats it in English (he has a violent orgasm, grunting loudly and shudders eight times).
► A man enters a woman's apartment, removes his clothing to reveal full nudity except genitals, gets into bed and under covers with the woman, who is wearing a sports bra and yoga pants, then he moves under the covers and appears to be performing oral sex causing the woman to grimace and grunt in a short orgasm before falling asleep and snoring (the scene ends as she opens her eyes to show that she was faking sleep).
► A woman is shown wearing a bra and short slip (revealing moderate cleavage) as she removes a man's jacket and unzips his trousers, then pushes him onto a couch and straddles his lap, thrusting as he kisses her cleavage; the camera cuts to the couple spooning in bed with his chest is bare before she puts a pillow between them, saying she needs space.
► Several photos in a folder show two men in shower stalls with their backs turned to the camera in full back nudity. A magazine called S'nuff publishes satirical articles about women and gay men; in the office, we see a large photo of female torsos in bikinis, slight cleavage revealed with bare midriffs, navels, buttocks and thighs. Under two toilet stall doors, we see pairs of women's ankles with feet in high heels and panties are seen around the ankles of one woman. We see that a woman is pregnant by her belly bulging in a loose dress. Cheerleaders wear short tunics and legless shorts, dancing suggestively in three scenes, grinding and writhing; a woman says that they have fake breasts. A few scenes include women wearing low-cut blouses and skirts or dresses that reveal moderate cleavage and most of their bare thighs and legs. A few street scenes feature women wearing short shorts that reveal bare legs to the top of the thigh. A few men wear knee-length shorts.
► A man and a woman kiss in a hotel room with their tongues touching in a close-up; he removes his shirt, pushes her down on the bed and straddles her stomach (she wears a thin-strapped top with short shorts), then pulls her up and insists that she rub his nipples and suck them and tells her to squish his groin, but his mother enters the room and shouts that he is only 16 as the scene ends. A man and a woman kiss passionately in the shadows against a dumpster in an alley. A man and a woman kiss passionately for several seconds on three sidewalk scenes. A man and a woman kiss briefly while sitting on a hill at a picnic. A man and a woman lie on a tumbling mat and kiss while he lies between her bent knees, and then they roll around on the mat together as cheerleaders applaud.
► A woman wakes up in a strange apartment under covers in a bed and does not remember the now-clothed man with whom she spent the night; she leaves wearing a micro-mini dress baring most of her legs to the thighs. A sequence of half a dozen men each leaving a woman's apartment suggests that she had sex with each man.
► A woman wears a gait-sensor suit in a clinic and wiggles as she walks on a treadmill causing an animated muscular system on a screen to wiggle at the hips seductively.
► A man says that a woman jokes around and says, "I'm a whore," and another man looks worried about the statement; he confronts the woman and they shout at each other about her multiple sex partners that include three women and dozens of men. A woman says that she needs to find an assisted living facility where nurses don't have sex with the patients (we do not see this action). A man asks a male friend, "Did you make love?" and the other man says yes and the first man calls out, "Sexual intercourse!" An elderly man in a nursing home says that the patients use Viagra for sex every night and the place turns into Caligula every night after dinner. A man tells a woman that her rear-end in jeans is exciting, because it looks like a man's behind. A man in a cinema says that he just saw a penis photo (we do not see this) on his date's iPhone and a man behind them says the penis is his causing an argument to start (please see the Violence/Gore category for more details). A man says that a boy is effeminate because he urinates sitting down. A man tells a friend to be careful and not get himself a baby mama that will sue him in the future. A man says, "Not all sex ends with a flush and a cry." A woman says that she had sex with ¾ of the band Pink Floyd. A sports announcer states that a woman celebrity is trying to pick up a male celebrity for sex. We hear that two 7th graders kissed at a Halloween party. A woman complains to a friend about a man she likes saying, "I might find a red tampon in the toilet and that is a deal breaker."
► A man tells his two young daughters that he and his wife are divorcing and that she is like a doll that will not allow him to play with other dolls; he tells the little girls that monogamy is not realistic.
the review continues below...
- A man in a cinema berates his date for being high on drugs and alcohol (please see the Substance Use category for more details) while a man behind them tells them to be quiet and the muscular man yells about beating up the man; the other man's date says, "He wants you" and a shouting match between the two men ends the scene.
► A man lying under a woman who is sitting on his groin (please see the Sex/Nudity category for more details) asks a woman to hit him and she taps him on the face, he shouts to hit him several times and she taps him each time, he shouts to hit him hard and slaps her hard in the face and she punches him in the nose and eye; his mother enters the room and we hear that he is only 16 years old.
► A woman watches a knee replacement operation and we see bones, sinews and a mallet breaking a bone as she vomits toward the camera and all over a viewing window (we see brownish vomit). A man lying on a gurney stands up after a doctor accidentally pulls out an IV line and it squirts blood in the doctor's face; the patient walks out a door and we hear him fall in the hallway as the scene ends. A doctor stitches a two-inch cut that is bleeding on an elderly man's forehead; a nurse had been holding gauze over the cut and blood covered the nurse's glove.
► A woman is fired from her job after having been caught having sex with a 16 year old intern; the boss says that one may have sex with a teen from work, or beat him up but not both.
► A woman with a basketball runs to a springboard or small trampoline, jumps off it, somersaults, and lands on her face on a thick mat; she is uninjured, but her face is a bit red. A woman hyperventilates while running on a treadmill and a doctor helps her to calm down after she jumps off.
► A man and a woman argue loudly for so long at home one night, that he falls asleep with his eyes open; the next day, they break up and she cries after he leaves. A woman yells loudly at her father in a nursing home for bigoted remarks. A woman and her sister argue at their father's funeral. A man tells a woman that he loves her and she yells at him for it. A graveside funeral features mourners sitting in chairs in front of a casket covered with pictures and sports banners; many people become tearful and admit they loved the deceased even though he was a drunk and a bigot. A man lying on a gurney wearing knee-length shorts says that he was playing video games after using a bong and tripped on the bong, hurting his leg.
► A homeless man says that he defecated regularly in an abandoned car until it was towed away. A woman says that homeless people defecate on a large rock in a park. At a party, a woman says that she got a condom stuck into her cervix (pounded in), so she reached in with her finger and pulled it out; other women look at her, open-mouthed in surprise.
the review continues below...
- About 50 F-words, 23 sexual references, 20 scatological terms, 24 anatomical terms, 13 mild obscenities, name-calling, exclamations (shut-up), 1 religious profanity (GD), 20 religious exclamations (e.g. Oh My God, Oh God, God Jesus, Holy [scatological term deleted]).
the review continues below...
- A woman smokes a drugged cigarette outside a movie house and then returns to her seat giggling and slurring her speech, a man asks if a woman has been smoking pot all day (she says no, but she holds an astray with several butts in it that could be either tobacco cigarettes or marijuana), a teen boy snorts powdered Adderall for his ADHD from a woman's forehead, a woman snorts a small bit of white powder from a vial and her eyes cross indicating that the powder must be a drug, a male patient in a clinic laughs and says that he tripped over his bong (please see the Violence/Gore category for more details), a patient tech tells a woman that her father is hoarding his pain medications (implying the possibility that he will commit suicide) and we hear that he died (no cause given), and a nurse gives a patient a sedative through his IV line by injection. A bottle of wine is shown on a nightstand, a woman drinks a small box of wine in a movie theater, a man and a woman drink wine in a restaurant, a man berates his date for drinking wine at lunch, men and women drink wine at a luncheon, a woman drinks form a beer bottle at a basketball demonstration show, a woman orders champagne for herself and a friend but it never arrives, a man tells a friend that he drank little but felt "hammered" while his date drank much more and did not act drunk, men drink from beer bottles and women drink from glasses of wine in front of a young child, a woman becomes drunk on whiskey and double shots and slurs her speech, and a woman removes over a dozen bottles of alcohol from her apartment along with a large bong and gives them to a homeless man. A man in a TV movie smokes a cigarette, and a woman smokes a cigarette in several places (on a sidewalk, at a window and while sitting on a park bench).
the review continues below...
- Commitment-phobia, lust, alcoholism, drug abuse, fear, emotional pain, redemption, courage, sacrifice, relationships, love, marriage, friendship, respect, trust.
- Substance abuse and sexual promiscuity sometimes cover fear and emotional pain.
Be aware that while we do our best to avoid spoilers it is impossible to disguise all details and some may reveal crucial plot elements.
We've gone through several editorial changes since we started covering films in 1992 and older reviews are not as complete & accurate as recent ones; we plan to revisit and correct older reviews as resources and time permits.
Our ratings and reviews are based on the theatrically-released versions of films; on video there are often Unrated, Special, Director's Cut or Extended versions, (usually accurately labelled but sometimes mislabeled) released that contain additional content, which we did not review.
We are a totally independent website with no connections to political, religious or other groups & we neither solicit nor choose advertisers. You can help us keep our independence with a donation.
NO MORE ADS!
Become a member of our premium site for just $2/month & access advance reviews, without any ads, not a single one, ever. And you will be helping support our website & our efforts.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
We welcome suggestions & criticisms -- and we accept compliments too. While we read all emails & try to reply we don't always manage to do so; be assured that we will not share your e-mail address.
NO MORE ADS!
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
We welcome suggestions & criticisms -- and we will accept compliments too. While we read all emails & try to reply we do not always manage to do so; be assured that we will not share your e-mail address.